Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hocking Hills camping

Site Supporter

Hocking Hills camping

I am going camping the weekend of June 25th to 28th in the Hocking Hills area of SE Ohio. I can't stand being cooped up any longer. Anyone want to go and ride some local roads? Staying at the Lake Snowden Campground near Albany, Ohio. https://lakesnowden.hocking.edu/camping Reservations are required. Phone:740-698-6373

Re: Hocking Hills camping

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    I am going camping the weekend of June 25th to 28th in the Hocking Hills area of SE Ohio. I can't stand being cooped up any longer. Anyone want to go and ride some local roads? Staying at the Lake Snowden Campground near Albany, Ohio. https://lakesnowden.hocking.edu/camping Reservations are required. Phone:740-698-6373
    Lake Snowden is not far from me. Maybe 40 minutes ride. I have been by it and visited family that were camping there in the past. It’s been several years since I was in the campground,but it was kept nice when I was there. A local college kept it up and used it as part of there forestry program. I am not sure what we will be into that weekend at this time. This is a busy time for use right now. I remember several years ago a group from this forum stayed there and had rides in our area.

Im going to Point Farms prov park,Haliburton Wildlife forest reserve which has awesome ridng btw, koa Renfrew and north of sudbury boondocking with my new trailer!

Nothing scheduled for that weekend...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Jim, What site are you staying at?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Dave: I have site 94 or 95, it depends on the campground. I called on the phone and reserved 95 and then they PM'ed me on Facebook and said I have site 94, so I have a call in to them and waiting to hear from them. I assume one of those sites will be available once we get our communications straightened out. Here is a map of the campground: https://lakesnowden.hocking.edu/camping Another couple are staying in site 98.

Jim

I got the last (electric) site there, site 99A. Will be there Friday and Saturday nights.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Dave:

I just saw your post here, so ignore the PM I just sent you about the available sites. LOL! See you on Friday night.

what time are you guys shooting for to be there. My river lot is 40 mile away so I can ride over to say Hi.

We are planning on being there Friday June 26 around 1:00. We are staying until Sunday, hoping it won't be raining, but they are calling for it. Bluetick's wife.

Looks like rain for Saturday and Sunday! Here is a forecast in case it changes...

I hate to bail on the camp-out since it's only the third one this year but...