Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you carry extra gas while touring?

Re: Do you carry extra gas while touring?

Quote Originally Posted by SLK50 View Post
    I would start here:

https://rotopax.com/
    Rotopax are top notch!
    Coming home from a week in the smokies. There was a storm that rolled threw Va.
    And knocked out power some gas stations there were lines a mile long, talk about a clincher the place we ended up stopping was cash only there credit machines were out but generators ran the store. Since then more than 100 miles from home won't leave without 2 gallons of extra fuel!

I have also used the REDA gas cans both for myself and those who didn't quite make it. Buddy
    Buddy
    01 EG Classic
    12 Heritage Softtail Classic
    15 Ultra Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Bromano View Post
    I have also used the REDA gas cans both for myself and those who didn't quite make it. Buddy
    And that's the other side of the coin. Even if you never need the extra gas for yourself, you might be able to help a stranded fellow rider.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

On a trip through the Northwest Territories with a buddy. I Carried 4 one gallon plastic cans. Just strapped them on the Roll A Home.

I was on a GL 1500 pulling the trailer. Tim was on o ST 1300, which got 1147 mpg (round numbers ). Only used 1 cans of the spare gas, but I was glad it was there!

Fill
    08 GL 1800
    Pulling an 80 Eagle 1 Trailer or 12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

Tim was on a ST 1300, which got 1147 mpg (round numbers) That's why I love my ST, 7 3/4 gallon tank. Never carry extra fuel but maybe I should carry a siphon hose and become a fuel tanker...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known...

When I built my trike, I installed the extra fuel tank,with plans to travel west and down the west coast. We made that trip and pulled a camper. I am not sure I could have made gas station to gas station without it. My trike used a lot of gas pulling camper into a head wind. I have not had the need for it since that trip although it is handy to have. We can stop when we like and not think about the fuel stops as often.