Thread: Ultimate Seat

Ultimate Seat

Thought I would do a quick shout out for the Ultimate Seat I purchased for my 2008 GW Trike.

I purchased it over the winter with the intend of making a long trip to Clarksville MO this spring. That trip has not happened yet for obvious reasons but I now have about 1k miles on the seat and could not be happier. The padding is perfect, the heating works well, and it sets me in the same place as the stock seat did which is something I wanted.

I purchased the new seat because a tank of gas had started to outlast my butt. I know all you distance folks know that feeling. Yesterday I rode for the bulk of the day (local stuff) and no issues with the seat. I could certainly last an entire tank of gas on the GW which is about 200 miles (+/-).

The folks at Ultimate Seats were excellent to work with. The seat I ordered would not be in stock for 45 days or so. They offered me the upgraded seat with the fancy lettering on it for the same place and overnight shipped to me since I waited a week before they answered me on when it would be shipped.

Couple of downsides to the seat:
    1) had to sell my 1st born to pay for it but considering the price of a Momma Honda heated seat it was not that bad
    2) it is not waterproof so you have to put a cover on it when you think it will rain. Cover is a PITA to make it fit but once it's on, it's on.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Ultimate Seat

No Pictures, Deb??
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Sounds good. I put my order in about 3 weeks ago. Haven't had word that has been shipped yet. The covid will be slowing things down a bit. I don't know if they are even working.

--
    Gordon

I have an ultimate king seat, and its a necessity. I've ridden lots of goldwings for work, and none of their seats have bothered me. But my stock seat is a killer. I dont know what the deal is, maybe the heating elements, I dont know but I cant ride on it for long without a good amount of pain. I tried a mustang seat, and while it was better, it was also pretty rough. The king really does move me up and back as much as possible to give me at 6'3" more knee room. I got lucky and traded a couple of guns for it straight up. The seller was also pretty cool that he let me try it out for a few weeks before we finalized the deals. He did the same with the guns.

I did not however realize it was not waterproof. I've ridden through some tsunamis and never really considered it a liability. When I wash the bike, I hit it with some vinyl protectant and it keeps it looking nice. No damage that I can tell.
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Derick View Post
    I did not however realize it was not waterproof. I've ridden through some tsunamis and never really considered it a liability. When I wash the bike, I hit it with some vinyl protectant and it keeps it looking nice. No damage that I can tell.
    Thanks for this information. While I have the cover and will put it on, normally my gear goes on after I am already wet. Nice to know it won't kill the seat!

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    No Pictures, Deb??
    Naw, it is the stock seat just like THIS

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Sounds good. I put my order in about 3 weeks ago. Haven't had word that has been shipped yet. The covid will be slowing things down a bit. I don't know if they are even working.

--
    Gordon

I would give them a voice call. I ordered back in January and they were very responsive.

Received my seat on Friday. Got it installed. Seems like very nice quality. Went for a 60 miles ride Friday evening, and a 100 mile ride yesterday. It is stiffer than my OEM seat, but will probably break in over time. I'm going on a 225 mile ride today. I will see how the butt feels after that. I usually have to stop at about 60 - 75 miles.

I purchased the Tall Boy. It is maybe an inch higher than my OEM seat, which I like, as I'm 6'3"

--
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Received my seat on Friday. Got it installed. Seems like very nice quality. Went for a 60 miles ride Friday evening, and a 100 mile ride yesterday. It is stiffer than my OEM seat, but will probably break in over time. I'm going on a 225 mile ride today. I will see how the butt feels after that. I usually have to stop at about 60 - 75 miles.

I purchased the Tall Boy. It is maybe an inch higher than my OEM seat, which I like, as I'm 6'3"

--
    Gordon
    It shouldnt break down. The stiffness is half the point. I think that there is a false confidence in soft and cushy is the way to go, but for longevity - at least in my case, stiffer is better. My RDL on the connie is like a park bench, but I love it.