Thread: Roll-A-Home with Add-A-Room option questions

Roll-A-Home with Add-A-Room option questions

Bought a 2014 RAH this winter. We will be using it primarily for fishing trips at our state campgrounds. Will go every other week to a different one and stay 3 or 4 days. So, I thought that the Add-A-Room would be a nice option to have. They are pretty pricey so have a few questions before deciding on one.

1. How long does it take to put up and take down and does it take more than one person?
    2 Does it have a floor?
    3. When folded up how big and heavy is the storage bag.
    4. Are they worth the $900 price tag?

Re: Roll-A-Home with Add-A-Room option questions

I don't have a RAH but do have a LL w/room. I have never used the room because IMO it is a PITA to zip in and set up. Instead I have an awning on one side of entry and a 10x10 pop up shelter for the other side. The awning stays attached and folds back over the roof and then folds up with the LL. The pop up takes me about 15 minutes (including tie downs) to set up. I do have enough room inside the LL Excel to set up my chair and if there is a lot of windy rain or bugs, I sit inside at night and read. About 90% of the time I do 4 or 5 night camping and have never found the need to use the actual room. Your experience my vary

THIS is what I have but I got mine at Sam's club a number of years back.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

EZ UP Instant Shelters has a special on Facebook now. 10x10 with 3 sides for $99. That's a hell of a deal. And yes, once you know what you're doing, one person can open and close it.

Quote Originally Posted by msrvpeig View Post
    EZ UP Instant Shelters has a special on Facebook now. 10x10 with 3 sides for $99. That's a hell of a deal. And yes, once you know what you're doing, one person can open and close it.
    Looks like that would tale up a lot of useable space in the trailer....
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 65,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Quote Originally Posted by wingpilot08 View Post
    Looks like that would tale up a lot of useable space in the trailer....
    It easily straps to the top of the trailer/camper.

I bought a 2012 RAH with wide bed, brakes, and swivel hitch. At the time I also bought the Add A Room. Yes, it has its own floor.

Would I but it again: NO. It’s a PIA for put up and take down. I wouldn’t use for stays of less than a week in one spot and then only if my wife went (for her mandatory stuff).

My riding buddy and I went to the Northwest Territories attempting the Arctic Circle. (We ran out of roads north of Yellow Knife).) He was shorter than I so he slept on the wide-bed slide and I on the other side of the bed. Plenty of room.

With its real 6 X 4 fiberglass floor I have both inside and outside chair & table sets plus my battery powered DVD and TV and heater. All this +++ is carried in the basement. My sleeping bag is carried on the bed with the unit closed up. (That’s what Sheila and Billy do.)

Fill
    ’08 GL 1800
    Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

I looked for an add-a-room for years but when I bought my current RAH I bought the awning with sides that velcro on and think it works good enough. It is just an awning without a floor but with the sides it works fine. I added a clear shower curtain for the front of it if it's going to rain and that makes a pretty close add-a-room. This leaves in plenty of light and keeps out the rain and wind. Put tent poles in the awning to give the roof a bow to keep the rain from puddling up.
    Would I spend 900 on an add-a-room, no. But to find a used one for a couple hundred, maybe.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA