Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what’s everyone doing during to pass the time?

Re: So what’s everyone doing during to pass the time?

I had trailered the bike down to Arizona at the end of Feb to spend the month of March riding around. Things got a bit scary after 2 weeks so we headed back to Canada. Had to spend 14 days in quarantine at the house, no going out, even for groceries. Kids did all our errands for us. Quarantine ended last Friday, so can at least go out of the house. Work is shut down for the near future. I also have a towing business, so I get out on a few service calls during the day, but take precautions.

Wife and I have watched alot of TV episodes. Just watched Tiger King. That is quite a story.

I'm thinking this summer is probably going to get ruined for camping. Probably just take our 5th wheel out to the lake and spend more time out there. I live 100 miles off the main highway, so that will probably be me extent of getting out on the bike for the most part.
    Even if things do lighten up some, the kids won't want us out and come back to possibly infect the Grand kids.

--
    Gordon

I had submitted my resignation at the company I was working at for the last 5 years on March 3rd, being generous, my departure date was Mar 26th.....then the work from home was decided. I did end my work on the 26th and am now retired..so of... I had accepted a position at a local Honda shop as an assembler of incoming motorcycles and such..well, that position was also put on hold...not essential.

So have been doing things around the house and being "socially distance" from others and doing our normal daily (weather permitting) 2.5 mile walks. Had a camping trip planned for mid Arp...but now that is not going to happen. Just waiting to see what the future will bring.....
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 65,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

This week spring housecleaning...trying to think about cleaning the pond and starting the waterfall up..its been too cool..getting more yard work done..put pansy planters out front..not shoppine for more stuff fr the trailer right now..not sure if I will be able to cross provincial lines for vaca this summer and am sur ei wont be able to cross the border! I si wanted to use the states to camp across to go west!..SIGH!...

I am building up some valuable honey do points for when I do get to take off.

Building a horse-drawn hearse, and working my butt off.
    We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

Just got done re-varnishing a kayak I built 5 years ago. Seems no matter how careful you are, they still get all scratched up.

Had to take a ride this morning.Sun was up nice and bright.No rain,no wind,we had 50 to 60 mph for 3 days.Temp was in the 30's but i bundle up for it and rode the back roads for a hour and a half.at 7:30 just a few cars.I feel much better now.Good country air and sun shine makes for great medicine.
    LuRay
    TURTLE

Reading MotoCampers.com

2003 Suzuki DR 650, The touring model.

#%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guy View Post
    Reading MotoCampers.com
    Hey stranger, good to see you still around!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Hey Guy ...
    L-o-n-g time no see ... How’s things in Oklahoma? ... Staying safe?

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.