Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope

Re: Hope

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    young farts like you have died and more will.
    Turtle
    More of us young farts died crossing the street then from this virus...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

I'm 65, very healthy, and I still take this seriously because,

1. I'm 65, can't help that :-) but that still leaves me at higher risk.
    2. My wife survived cancer but is still on her medications, so her system is already compromised.
    We can at least stay at home if we wish.

3. Daughter #2 lives in an area where the virus had taken hold early on. She is fortunate that due to the nature of her job, she can do much of her work from her apartment.

However...
    4. Daughter #1 works in a physician's office and is needed there these days...She's also pregnant.
    5. My Son-In-Law is a paramedic/fireman/first responder, also needed these days.
    These two don't get to stay home. They are there for others.

I'd like to think that in spite of our own due diligence to protect ourselves by trying to avoid contracting the virus that, even if we fail, we would also take measures not to inadvertently pass it on to others.
    I'd also like to think that others who believe that because they are personally at low risk, also know they have a responsibility to those are not so fortunate.
    If low-risk persons though their own inaction catch the virus and it turns out it's just a minor inconvenience, good for them.
    If those same persons then, also through their own carelessness, spread the virus to others who are not so blessed with youth and good health, they bear responsibility and shame whether they accept that or not.

Let's be careful out there.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

burgman650

Menhir: well said! Looks like you raised a great family that you can be proud of with great values!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrench View Post
    menhir: Well said! Looks like you raised a great family that you can be proud of with great values!
    ditto
    i,m old enough to have lived in some of the great depression,ww2 with its rationing when you could only buy what was on your ration ticket,if it
    was available.
    Oh,my,bring back the good old days.we didn't need much to be happy.why so much now?
    Turtle
    TURTLE

Re: Hope with a question

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    ditto
    i,m old enough to have lived in some of the great depression,ww2 with its rationing when you could only buy what was on your ration ticket,if it
    was available.
    Oh,my,bring back the good old days.we didn't need much to be happy.why so much now?
    Turtle
    how long is this separation order going to last? my wife keeps trying to get back into the house.

Speaking of TP...I hear some folks are "reusing" theirs after hanging in on the fence to dry....hope my shortages never come to that....

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    Speaking of TP...I hear some folks are "reusing" theirs after hanging in on the fence to dry....hope my shortages never come to that....
    Got me wondering if the extra hay in the barn might be increasing in value...
    We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

I hope you are okay too. Looking forward to no more virus worry and riding. Home with Bluetick and waiting out this craziness. Hello to all from Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    When I try that my single sheet just blows away in the wind!

(Threadstarter)

Hang in there. They said it's going to get bad this week.wash your hands .stay away from people .