Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: national and state parks

Site Supporter

Re: national and state parks

Just saw an article online that said the Texas governor is opening all state parks on Monday, the 20th. I would assume that also includes camping areas.

Jim

As it gets closer to my vaca I will monitor the situation.. I am still heading westbound to BC as long as the provincial borders r still open... This maybe my last shot to go west..if not, then I will go to Ottawa and protest with like friends in july then head to a place where I MIGHT be settling with my trailer...I will camp where I can...

To delay an acute onset of cabin fever I looked at options last night. There are many state campgrounds in Georgia that remain open, but with decreased services where people congregate (museums, restaurants).

The bathrooms and toilets are being cleaned better and more frequently. Those are social isolations situations anyway.

Fill
    08 GL 1800
    Pulling an 80 Eagle 1 Trailer or 12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

They did open States parks but for day use only.

Private parks here in PA are suppose to be open May 1 with the State parks opening on the 14th I believe it said. Looks like the Cowans Gap camp-out is a go!
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Private parks here in PA are suppose to be open May 1 with the State parks opening on the 14th I believe it said. Looks like the Cowans Gap camp-out is a go!
    its possible the15th.date will be delayed.if they do open ON the15 those in the north and n.west will open first and others not in populated areas.Group camping will remain closed indefinitely.Are we a group? YES,OF BIKERS,
    LuRay
    TURTLE

Kentucky State Parks are OPEN...Kentucky state parks open for hiking, picnicking, camping Meanwhile, all Kentucky state parks remain open, according to the state parks website. That includes hiking trails, picnic areas, campgrounds, golf courses, marinas, lodges and cottages. Food services is limited to carry-out at most parks.

BC just closed all Provincial campgrounds to non-residents for the summer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ents-1.5579086
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    BC just closed all Provincial campgrounds to non-residents for the summer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ents-1.5579086
    Yep I figured that! Sask then Alb closed theirs to outside province residents so I figured they would do the same! I already have been prepping to staying in Ontario! Oh well lots to see here! AND I do have a big protest to attend in Canada....our country is going to the dogs and I want to be part of the big protest...

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    Yep I figured that! Sask then Alb closed theirs to outside province residents so I figured they would do the same! I already have been prepping to staying in Ontario! Oh well lots to see here! AND I do have a big protest to attend in Canada....our country is going to the dogs and I want to be part of the big protest...
    I keep seeing PROTEST is your posts, what are you protesting? The war is over...