Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: national and state parks

Re: national and state parks

So far all parks are still open in Texas'

This morning's news. The National Parks are still open...with a few adjustments...

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...ges-amid-virus
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    this morning's news. The national parks are still open...with a few adjustments...

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...ges-amid-virus
    cowan gap state park will be open for camping,cabins,cottages,thru april 30.all events have been canceled.i hope it continues thru may.
    Luray
    TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C-G View Post
    The parks closures in Alberta, Canada were an "economic" closure by the provincial government as they were "under-utilized". Damned conservatives. Not all the parks were closed. Unless they close down all travel within Canada and the US, it would make sense to keep the parks open and let people get away from people.
    I would not be too quick to ridicule the conservatives Jim..its mote about Trudope and his agenda 21.. google Behind the Green mask agenda 21 Our PM is in soft dictatorship mode and its about to get ugly..check out the UN global compact to find out what their plans r for us....they r NOT good!

Regarding the link in post#12 about Illinois state parks closing...the link is just the usual listing of partial closings over winter hours & closings due to hunting seasons...last weekend...the governor of IL closed all state parks & recreation areas due to virus pandemic...here is more informative link for IL state DNR closings until further notice...
    https://week.com/2020/03/16/idnr-ann...o-coronavirus/

looks like many of us who look forward to riding in IL state parks & camping in them will have to "stand-by"...seems there have been some national parks & historic sites being closed since last weekend...

The main problem is the parking areas. Folks just can't help but hang around their cars and yak. A lot of parks in my area continued to remain open, but folks couldn't keep their distance in the parking areas. Not possible because too many folks had the same idea, "lets go hiking."

About this story. It's just Alaskans that can still travel from the main part of the state to SE Alaska and return. The Alaskan towns of Haines and Skagway are connected to the Canadian road system for shopping etc. I do not believe we can just be running around as tourist in Canada.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Indiana State Parks are closed. 🥺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200410-113910_Samsung Internet.jpg  
    The deepest spot in Lake Superior, The largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.