Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

  1. #1
    Site Supporter Jim C-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    York Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    197

    A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Just a collage of my 2019 trips with my Mini Mate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OB...83010047896285

  2. #2

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Nice video Jim. Thanks.

    Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

  3. #3
    Site Supporter mailman01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Leitchfield, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,629

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Jim, wife and I spent the afternoon watching your videos, especially liked those of the ride down Skyline Dr on to The Dragon....good to see familiar territory....we camped at Loft Mountain and loved it...I had an incident similar to your camper separation in that I was in too much of a hurry to leave a campground once and as I was leaving the grounds I heard this terrible noise behind me and finally figured out it was the tongue of my Aspen Classic dragging the pavement...I had failed to totally get the hitch down over the ball and it had bounced off...glad it did not occur out on the road....Was definitely a wake up call for me....Keep up the good work and stay safe...

  4. #4
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Jim C-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    York Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    197

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    @mailman01 Glad to hear you've been enjoying the videos. I really am having fun making them. I think more people have not gotten locked over the ball more often than is admitted. It's the sort of thing you will only ever do once (unless you are a complete moron). I can hardly wait to get back on the road and camping in June.

  5. #5

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim C-G View Post
    I think more people have not gotten locked over the ball more often than is admitted.
    You don't use a coupler lock?
    Something like the RC2-SS?
    Can you even have this type of issue if you use a coupler lock? I'm assuming the coupler is adjusted properly.

    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cou...er/e98885.html
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Jim C-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    York Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    197

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    You don't use a coupler lock?
    Something like the RC2-SS?
    Can you even have this type of issue if you use a coupler lock? I'm assuming the coupler is adjusted properly.

    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cou...er/e98885.html
    The issue was I did not have the coupler seated on the ball. I closed it and put the safety pin in but it was closed above the ball. It was a wonder it did not come off in the campground. That would have been better. I'll be honest, just a stupid mistake not related to anything mechanical.

  7. #7

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim C-G View Post
    The issue was I did not have the coupler seated on the ball. I closed it and put the safety pin in but it was closed above the ball. It was a wonder it did not come off in the campground. That would have been better. I'll be honest, just a stupid mistake not related to anything mechanical.
    In my opinion it is only a "stupid mistake" if you repeat it. Good video's though.

  8. #8
    Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Jim C-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    York Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    197

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    In my opinion it is only a "stupid mistake" if you repeat it. Good video's though.
    I'm with you... true, only stupid when repeated.

  9. #9

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim C-G View Post
    Just a collage of my 2019 trips with my Mini Mate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OB...83010047896285
    Thanks Jim, I really enjoy you're video's, I look forward to your next one's.....

  10. #10
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,395

    Re: A year end wrap up of Mini Mate camping.

    Another good one Jim!
    Steve

    2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •