Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Americade at Lake George NY

Re: 2020 Americade at Lake George NY

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Official new dates are 21-25 July
    Guess I have to see about changing dates on the camp site...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

dont forget you must self quarantine for 14 days before you can do anything some day this has to end
    2012 goldwing
    2012 timeout xl1800
    2014 roll a home
    2017 africa twin

Tried calling to change my reservation at the campground we're staying at to the new date but nobody answers the phone... I wonder if we should just cancel and stay home, everybody keeps saying nothing is going to happen this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Tried calling to change my reservation at the campground we're staying at to the new date but nobody answers the phone... I wonder if we should just cancel and stay home, everybody keeps saying nothing is going to happen this summer.
    I have the same reasoning. I called the campground and pushed my reservation until next year, they had no problem changing it. Even if they do move Americade until July and make the changes posted on the website, the virus is still out there. BIG crowds bother me. Why take the chance.
    2012 GL1800 Pearl white
    2005 Bunkhouse LX
    AMA life member

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    I have the same reasoning. I called the campground and pushed my reservation until next year, they had no problem changing it. Even if they do move Americade until July and make the changes posted on the website, the virus is still out there. BIG crowds bother me. Why take the chance.
    I'm thinking more in the line that they changed it to July and when July gets here they either cancel or change it again. I like to plan things ahead of time so I don't get too many things going on at once. Not to mention it's a pain in the ass to keep changing things and taking the chance of loosing money because I cancel.

Baggerhog and I tried to get in on this but they're booked up, guess we waited too long. We're staying at Heatherstone Point. I'll be there Thursday the 4th thru Sunday.
    If interested in attending Americade 2021 next year, you should try and book the Lake George Battleground campground. I just booked a site for next year.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    If interested in attending Americade 2021 next year, you should try and book the Lake George Battleground campground. I just booked a site for next year.
    I like to plan ahead but not that far. I don't even get reservations for Sturgis that far ahead.

I like to plan ahead but not that far. I don't even get reservations for Sturgis that far ahead.
    I never make reservations for Sturgis, since I camp and one can always find a site there. Since I enjoy heading up to Lake George during Americade, I make my reservations at the Battleground campground early since that facility always fills up early.

I always hotel it at Sturgis since I don't want to haul the camper out there on the bike. I drag my little cargo trailer full of junk but the camper is quite a bit heavier. I'll have to talk to the guy I was going with and see what he thinks. He's worse then I am about making reservations that far out.

I'll have to talk to the guy I was going with and see what he thinks. He's worse then I am about making reservations that far out.
    I completely understand. FYI 2/3 of the sites are already booked!