Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Americade at Lake George NY

Re: 2020 Americade at Lake George NY

If things don't change quickly, I don't see how Americade can go on. Arizona bike week just got shut down. If I understand things correctly, there are no open restaurants in New York. Yes? Can you imagine an Americade without any place to eat, or gather, or to stop mid-tour? Could get a lot of riding done, if gas is available and you don't mind being hungry for a week. I just don't see how this is going to work. As to Bluetick's comments elsewhere...I agree that there is much hype and hysteria going around. As I understand it, the 2008 H1N1 virus (April 08 to January 2009) infected 80 million Americans, hospitalized 300,000 of them and killed 17,000 of them. No big uproar from the press or anybody else. What do you suppose is the difference? It can't be just that I'm signed up to do some camping this year, can it?
    Also, just because one doesn't "feel" old, doesn't mean he ain't. Well, unless compared to LuRay.
    We're not like this because we ride...we ride because we're like this

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond M View Post
    I look forward to meeting members with motocycle camping experience I have so many questions as the event gets closer let’s make sure we stay in contact with each other
    My first Americade was '91. I think my '73 FLH was the oldest bike I saw. Met a small cocker spaniel on some guy's Goldwing (from Texas), with 150,000 miles under her belt. I remember her name was "Honda". Also, I remember never having seen so many gray ponytails on guys in my life. I guess I gotta get out more.

It's hard to believe that Christian Dutcher hasn't sent out something to all that registered. I just checked the website and nothing was said about cancelling for this year.
    I have attended for 28 years in a row. Not so much to do the Americade thing, but to enjoy the time with all the people I met there and became good friends and to ride all the wonderful roads in the area.
    I've talked to some of the people and they have no intention of going this year. 30-40 thousand people visit sometime during that week. It's shoulder to shoulder in town. Not my idea of a good time!
    2012 GL1800 Pearl white
    2005 Bunkhouse LX
    AMA life member

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    It's hard to believe that Christian Dutcher hasn't sent out something to all that registered.
    He posted a video on their Facebook page a few days ago addressing just that question.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    He posted a video on their Facebook page a few days ago addressing just that question.
    I don't do FaceBook, what was the gist of the post?
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    A decision will be made mid April whether to cancel. They have a rain date planned, but they didn't mention when that rain date would be.

That's still a couple months away but the way everybody is talking I'm thinking I might as well cancel the reservations...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    I also don't do Facebook. Seems more people would check the Website than Facebook. Laconia has a message on their website!
    Why wait until April? Most schools are cancelled for the year and the vendors are probably going to reconsider traveling.
    I didn't register this year because of the way Americade has changed since Christian took over. I was still planning on going more so to hook up with all the friends I made there in the past 28 years.
    He turned it into a big party for the entire area. Not what it used to be when Bill ran it. Bill catered to the motorcyclists!

You folks could always just go on a Big Ride. I never was much on big crowds. Laconia in the 60's was a gas but could be dangerous for us patch clubs. One year me and a friend went to Sturgis. Next day asked him how his fun meter was - not so much so we fueled up and went home to denver.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing