Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Leesure Lite when upright?

Red face Moving Leesure Lite when upright?

Looking for some advice on how to move my Leesure Lite around the garage on a dolly, or something, while it is in the upright storage position. I going to be moving into an apartment and I think I can push my LL into my storage for the winter, however I am at a loss on how to safely do this. Curious is any one has used snowmobile dollies? or modified a furniture dolly? The LL stand brackets are an L shape so I was thinking about furniture dollies with a section cut out to ensure the L portion is secure...I don't know...I'm certainly no expert in this type of stuff

Looking for ideas, suggestions, etc.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Moving Leesure Lite when upright?

A couple of questions come to mind.

1st, are you sure you're able to get the camper up on it's storage stands?? Looks like no easy feat!!

2nd, do you have a smooth concrete floor to roll it on and enough headroom provided you do get it upright and onto some dollies???

If the answer is yes to all that, I would try a pair of these. I would make sure you have a strip of wood blocking the rear wheels 1st, so when you go to load the camper on them, they don't scoot out on you. Then remove the strips and make sure the floor is clean of debris to make rolling it easier. Use a tie don from the wheels to the 'handle on each roller to help stabilize it. Have another person with you to help steady it
    Still rather precarious though.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

I would say it is not a good idea. Just get it up on the stands, and slide it into position like in the video. I can't lift mine like that, I need a couple of young bucks to do it for me. I supervise.

--
    Gordon

Site Supporter

What about a chain hoist or cheap electric cable lift from harbor freight to lift and lower your camper?

Put it down on its tires,move it,stand it back up. Or am I missing something?

Thanks everyone. It does normally take myself and one other to tip upwards and the more I try and think of a solution the more I realize that it’s a stretch to try and move the trailer while upright safely. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay for storing at an rv place.

Obviously it would HAVE to be emptied before attempting to do that...and maybe have some help when putting back down on wheels!
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 55,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

I was watching that video and it seemed to me that those tip-stands were on 'backwards'. The longer end you would think would work better if they were on the BOX side, not the tire side, wouldn't you think? It would also let you lever the trailer up higher before the stand touched down giving you a lot less of an angle with all the weight on it. Dunno.. I'm prob wrong but it sure seems that way to me.

A friend of mine installed these on the stands. He says it works great.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch...ter-90997.html

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Instead of a RV Storage facility, I would look at renting an outdoor storage room, where it'll be in out of the weather and probably more secure. Look for one that has a 5' wide door and 10' long, if going that route.
    I store my Aspen Sentry with the tongue removed/unbolted in my 10 x 14' Aluminum storage shed, with plenty of room left over!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside the AL shed.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	23694 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside the AL shed - 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	23695

Dusty