Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member from NJ

Re: New member from NJ

The camp out at Cowans Gap state park in May is a good starting point...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Well, I'm a Leesure Lite owner and love it. My opinion is that the Mini Mate is too small, especially if you are two people. Sure there is room to sleep, but you basically have to get out of the camper to get out of bed.

The Leesure Lite has lots of floor space for getting out of bed and dressing.

Weight wise, they are about the same....probably 400 lbs when loaded. The Leesure Lite is 54" wide compared to the Mini Mate being 40" (from what I've read) That makes 7" wider on each side. Not that much in my opinion...but the Leesure Lite is fairly wide.

After 30 minutes on the highway, I practically forget about the trailer being there. Keep in mind, your power and stopping distances are affected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikecamper.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	493.4 KB 
ID:	23713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160823_075946.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	506.1 KB 
ID:	23714

Welcome Raymond. I started off tent camping with a used cargo trailer. I still use it on occasion. I also purchased a used MiniMate trailer a few years ago. As you’ve mentioned it is a bit small for two people. My wife doesn’t camp so it works for me perfectly. I found both of these on Craig’s List. You may be able to use a Harbor Freight trailer with a roof top luggage carrier to work for now until the bike is paid for.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Welcome from Western Kentucky! I don’t have a camper yet, but I’m looking to get one in two or three years. Like you my decision will hinge on if the wife decides to start camping with me.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Hello all
    There is so much gear I have to get sometimes it make my brain hurt. Here is a question for you all. I have been looking at riding suits I like two, klim badlands jacket and pants and or Aerostich Roadcrafter two piece. Dose anyone have a opinion on them?

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond M View Post
    Hello all
    There is so much gear I have to get sometimes it make my brain hurt. Here is a question for you all. I have been looking at riding suits I like two, klim badlands jacket and pants and or Aerostich Roadcrafter two piece. Dose anyone have a opinion on them?
    I have a Klim jacket, I’m not sure which model but it’s very comfortable the few times I’ve worn it. I think it’s the base model so I’d say you can’t go wrong with the Badlands. The curved sleeves work well for me. Everyone I know that has Aerostich gear has been well pleased with it. The cost is what has kept me from buying a Stich.

Klim is going to be at the 2020 Americade so I am going up to look at them if I like what I see I just might buy the suit there

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond M View Post
    Hello all
    Aerostitch usually has a pop-up event in NJ where you can see a variety of their products and get fitted.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

I was hoping they would do a east coast pop up this year but I have not seen any information if they are or not

And a welcome from Newfoundland. I've been running an older Mini Mate the past two years and love it. Always tent camped before that but I am getting too figgin old to crawl off an air mattress at ground level. I also like being able to have a two burner stove and my cast iron pans. Yes, the MM is a little small for two people unless the SO is small. I have made my bed 30" wide which is big enough when the girlfriend comes along and is more than what I need by myself. This gives me about 20" of clear floor for standing and getting dressed when the bed is set up. I've got a YouTube channel with a lot of my camping in the MM posted. There are a few good trailer makes out there... you sort of need to figure out what are the most important needs for it to fulfill for you. Then it is a matter of watching for a good used unit or pulling the trigger on a new one. I certainly like my Mini Mate but it's not for everyone. I've visited the factory in PA and the guys making the MM are great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHp...chvVv&index=11