Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member from NJ

New member from NJ

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum not long ago but I have been Keeping my eye on and off for the past few weeks. I am impressed with this forum and thank you for allowing me to join. Let me take some time and tell you a little about myself. I am 51 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was 21, I have 21 states under my belt and I am on my third Harley Davidson a 2017 Roadglide ultra and I love this bike. The last few years I have wanted to buy a camper for long tour riding but I have yet to pull the trigger on one. I have look at the timeout, mini mate and the leesure lite. I think I have narrowed it down between the mini mate and the leesure lite. I could use a little help on deciding on what one that would be best for me. So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any and all input. Again thank you all for allowing me to join and I look forward to interacting with you all as time goes by.

Site Supporter

Re: New member from NJ

Miller trailer sales in Perkasie Pa. were Leesurlite dealers in the past. They might have some still in inventory.

Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio. Sorry I can help with the trailer selection but there are plenty of trailer owners on the forum.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Site Supporter

welcome from SW Mich.

greetings from East Tn!

Welcome!
    My suggestion is to attend a camp-out or rally and talk to people that own the various pop-up campers to get their opinion. I live in NJ and own an Aspen Sentry camper. My buddy owns a Mini Mate. If you have any questions, just ask.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Welcome from SE Alaska
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

Thank you all for your welcomes, I have to admit I am so on the fence with this decision. My wife said she would like to go camping with me once in awhile and if she dose then the leesure lite is what I will get but if I am going to do most of my trips solo then I am thinking that the mini mate is better. I may just let her decide and save myself the headache LOL. I am still at least two years away from buying one because I have to finish paying off the harley first. I promised my wife I would not make any big purchase till then. So for now I keep watching YouTube videos and keep my dreams alive. If I could be so bold to ask what is some of you all favorite places that you have visited. I am looking forward to going to Sturgis, Nova Scotia And the top of pikes peak. I have already been to the top of MT Washington twice once in the rain and once on a sunny day it was great both times. Also I have gone to the Tail of the Dragon.

Welcome from NW PA. How much motorcycle camping have you done? There are a few already posted on here for this summer so jump in. Don't need a camper to camp, lots of us tent camp.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Thank you for your reply. I have been a outdoors man my hole life hunting and fishing and camping from when I was a child with my father. So I am used to being out in the woods but that being said I am to old and broken to sleep on the ground anymore ��. I appreciate the invite very much and maybe if time and work permits I hope to meet members in the New Jersey area this summer. For this year my plan is to gear up better for long rides and start working on planing and routing.