Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Able Brown motorcycle Tent

Able Brown motorcycle Tent

I just purchased one of these tents, haven't used it yet because its snowing outside, anyway was wondering if anyone has one or has used on in the past? I guess what I'm asking is, if anyone has a product review on this Tent?? I ride an 04 Goldwing

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.co...torcycle-tent/

Re: Able Brown motorcycle Tent

I'll be honest with ya.. if you were wanting to go 'old school' and minimal... I'd be more interested in an Oregon Bedroll than this little tent. Prob more expensive, but there's just something cool about doing it 'the cowboy way' when it comes to camping. Doesn't hurt that they can carry stuff in them and have a built in self-inflating mattress in them too.

Tried to find a link to them, but it looks like they may have gone to wind.. they have a facebook page but the lat entry looks to be like 7 years old and their website is a blank. There are others that sell bedrolls.. but these guys looked like they made the best one.

ya lots of times 40 years ago ...called a tarp....

(Threadstarter)

It's NOT a trap, it's a tent, and a very well made tent at that

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

That iteration has been around in one form, or another for a number of years, although this one is certainly lighter/more compact than the Goose, by Wingman

While I can see the attraction, the big drawback (besides lack of headroom) is if you need to go get something by bike, then you have to pack up camp, whereas with a tent/hammock, you don't need to do that.

Let us know how you make out with it once you get out with it for a few nights

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

Thanks Dusty, my thinking behind getting this tent is I've tried for the last couple of years to get myself aligned to being fully self contained within the bike. I have a LL camp trailer and also a Escapade cargo trailer but I have decided try to going in different direction..At this point I not sure if it will work out for me, I'm 70 but still think I'm 25 lol. I'll let you know how it works out when I finally get out and use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
    Thanks Dusty, my thinking behind getting this tent is I've tried for the last couple of years to get myself aligned to being fully self contained within the bike. I have a LL camp trailer and also a Escapade cargo trailer but I have decided try to going in different direction..At this point I not sure if it will work out for me, I'm 70 but still think I'm 25 lol. I'll let you know how it works out when I finally get out and use it...
    While I have not tried this tent before I would go there I would do either tarp camping (very light and small weight) or what I currently do is hammock with a tarp. The hammock works out best for me because I don't have to sleep on the ground. My knees and my back both thank me
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
    I hear ya, as last year I went back to the more simplistic/basic way of camping off the bike myself.
    This year, I recently upgraded my gear bag with pretty well everything I need for camping gear packed in one large bag packed on the rear seat of the bike, leaving plenty of room in my saddlebags/tourbox for anything else

I replaced my venerable 13 yr old 4 man tent with a newer, slightly larger Eureka Space Camp 4, which gives me 13" more head room than my old tent, yet packs a little bit smaller.

Dusty

(Threadstarter)

I understand completely Deb about the Knee's and Back, but I got a good price on the tent, so what the Hell I went for it, like I told the wife, if it doesn't work out I'll sell it, but I'm really stoked about giving it a try.

(Threadstarter)

You be the man Dusty, I read you're posts and you alone have inspired me to give this adventure a try, but I also have a Eureka 5 man tent that I can stand up in, it's a great tent, so if it doesn't work out I can always fall back to the LL and the Eureka tent, by the way I really like your new backseat bag I think I'm going to have to check it out...Thanks