Thread: Helinox Sunset Chair on sale on Amazon.....

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Helinox Sunset Chair on sale on Amazon.....

I've been looking at chairs and I found the Helinox Sunset Chair on sale on Amazon. You have to pick from the two uglier colors to get the sale price but they are going for $111.95 for the Crimson or Clover color. (Yea I know, the song is stuck in my head now too!) The black version is going for $149.95. I'm trying to decide between this chair or a Kermit wide with leg extensions that a buddy of mine has but doesn't like, something about one of the braces or bars that doesn't land well on him.

https://www.amazon.com/Helinox-Light...32&sr=8-4&th=1
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Re: Helinox Sunset Chair on sale on Amazon.....

Great find Zig. You understated how UGLY those colors are tho. One things for certain, you aren't going to lose it in the bush!

The Kermit chair is really nice. I have the wide chair version and find it very comfortable. The only problem (besides the cost) is that I'm always afraid someone is going to steal it if I leave it unattended.
    In June of 2018 I picked up a black Helinox Sunset Chair. Paid $111.86 (plus tax, free shipping) at Moosejaw. It's also a comfortable chair, that has a 320 lbs capacity and packs down to a fairly small size. Sets up much faster than a Kermit. It's been my "go to" motocamping chair.
    I see you can get it here on sale.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

#%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    The Kermit chair is really nice. I have the wide chair version and find it very comfortable. The only problem (besides the cost) is that I'm always afraid someone is going to steal it if I leave it unattended.
    In June of 2018 I picked up a black Helinox Sunset Chair. Paid $111.86 (plus tax, free shipping) at Moosejaw. It's also a comfortable chair, that has a 320 lbs capacity and packs down to a fairly small size. Sets up much faster than a Kermit. It's been my "go to" motocamping chair.
    I see you can get it here on sale.
    The main thing that keeps me from the Helinox would be me getting out of it, I really need something with arms on it. I really like the tall back on the Helinox, with a footstool I could see myself sleeping in it! I'm going to try my buddy's wide Kermit and see how it works out for me. I'm a fan of Enwild, they have some of the best customer service I have dealt with!

Yes, not having chair arms makes getting out of the chair a bit more challenging. I seem to recall that I reach down, grab the front poles and push myself out.
    Looks like the few Helinox Sunset chairs they had on sale for $101 with free shipping at EnWild have sold out since this morning.

For a big guy like me, no camping chair works. Except this one! https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Trail-C.../dp/B01CHZUNI4

You are probably asking yourself how that will ever fit on a bike! It doesn't. I strap it down to the top of my camper. I can't camp without it anymore. For "normal" skinny people, 2 of you can fit in this chair.
    -- Jeff
    2014 H-D Limited
    2005 H-D Dyna Trike
    2008 Roll-A-Home Camper

#%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by jkane13 View Post
    For a big guy like me, no camping chair works. Except this one! https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Trail-C.../dp/B01CHZUNI4

You are probably asking yourself how that will ever fit on a bike! It doesn't. I strap it down to the top of my camper. I can't camp without it anymore. For "normal" skinny people, 2 of you can fit in this chair.
    Jeff that's a nice one! Someday I'm hoping to have a camper to strap one of those to!