Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sturgis 2020

Re: Sturgis 2020

I go there every year and my camping reservations have already been made. Actually I made them several months ago.

Yes, this year is the 80th anniversary, and I'm guessing it'll be a big event. I was there for the 75th anniversary and it was HUGE.
    (If you're planning on staying at a hotel instead of camping, you probably better find a place like, right now.)

The crowds didn't bother me...Every year at Sturgis is busy. Actually, I just take it in stride. Plan for it.
    There is so much to do in and out of town. The whole area is a scenic wonderland.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    I go there every year and my camping reservations have already been made. Actually I made them several months ago.

Yes, this year is the 80th anniversary, and I'm guessing it'll be a big event. I was there for the 75th anniversary and it was HUGE.
    (If you're planning on staying at a hotel instead of camping, you probably better find a place like, right now.)

The crowds didn't bother me...Every year at Sturgis is busy. Actually, I just take it in stride. Plan for it.
    There is so much to do in and out of town. The whole area is a scenic wonderland.
    Where abouts are you camping, and what are your recommendations.

Thanks,
    Gordon

I camp at Bear Butte Creek Campground. It's just past the Buffalo Chip heading out of Sturgis. It's a relatively quiet spot whose owners don't put up with a lot of dumbassery. It's nice for those of us who like to get a decent night's sleep.
    It's the only place I've ever stayed at when I'm at Sturgis, so I can't really comment on any other sites.