Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis 2020

Sturgis 2020

Anyone planning on attending the Sturgis Rally in 2020..?

I have never been to the Ralley, although I was at Sturgis last summer.

The Rally has intrigued me, and I am planning on attending, just so I can say "I did it once"

--
    Gordon

Site Supporter

Re: Sturgis 2020

This year I heard is to be their 80th anniversary. If so it could be very special or very very crazy, not really want to do those kind of crowds.

I'm planning, but plans can change. If I do go, I'll be camping at Shade Valley. I've camped there the past two Sturgis rally's. Nice facility, very clean rest rooms and showers. They also have a nice all you can eat buffet breakfast in the morning. It was $13.77 this past rally. Mmmmm
    As someone who has camped many times at the Buffalo Chip and one time at Glencoe, if clean restrooms and showers are important to you, you'll enjoy Shade Valley.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Never camped out there, we always get a hotel and split it between two couples to keep the cos down a little. Still cost an arm and half a leg to stay there. We were out there for the 75th, actually made Easy Rider magazine for their 75th anniversary addition. They always take a picture a couple times a day during the rally and they put the picture in the magazine when we were there.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

The cost for camping at Shade Valley during the rally was $165 + tax, per person. The price didn't seem to unreasonable, especially since I was there for nine nights. Or you can pay a daily charge, which I think was $45 per day. If you are going to be there more than three nights, the rally week price is the more cost effective option. If you are just primitive camping, there is no need to make a reservation.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Gordon everyone should see it at least once! Just remember it's crowded and you will often have to wait in line for gas, etc, it's just how it is when you have that many riders in a small town.

Another option is Wyatt's Hideaway in Belle Fourche just a few miles out of town and somewhat away from the crowds. We stayed there during the 75th back in 2015, I think it was $20.00 a day if you didn't take the event special price, pricing is listed on their site. It has clean showers and restrooms, and they have coin operated washers and dryers to do laundry. They had a hot breakfast offered every morning (Sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy) for $7.00 plus free coffee from 6am to 9am every morning. It's a fairly quiet campground but it's like most rally events, you will have people there with huge motor coaches pulling enclosed trailers and often will have one to three SUV support vehicles they try to cram in their spots. You know, just the bare essentials for camping, and something to drive when it's not Goldilocks weather out! It's just part of the experience, so just try to prepare for it and you will be fine. If you can, stay a few days after the rally so the Interstates and backroads won't be jammed with traffic. Traffic was packed all the way back to where we turned south on I-29 at Sioux Falls, but if you are heading back north it shouldn't be as bad.

http://wyattshideaway.com/
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Steve, you make it sound like a lot of fun. How are you doing.

Richard

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snowclem View Post
    Steve, you make it sound like a lot of fun. How are you doing.

Richard
    I'm doing pretty well, considering everything that's going on around me! I got a new cell phone number lately, I'll text it to you if your number is still the same now that I've found my phone number list!

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

YEs we are going this time arriving around the 30th at the AFB campground

2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

Is that the AFB with the Missile Silo that you can tour?