Thread: Kelty Grand Mesa 4

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Kelty Grand Mesa 4

Hey all I picked up a discontinued Kelty Grand Mesa 4 tent and footprint from Enwild, formerly Backcountry Edge a while back. I tried it out on a trip to Two Wheels of Suches back a few months ago with Jerry and John. It was simple to set up, has one door in the end with a vent on the opposite end with a fly that opens the way I like it. When you close it from the inside of the tent it zips down to the left corner of the tent from the inside. No stretching and reaching way out to close the fly. And of course any time I camp it pours down raining! The only negative is if you don't give the fly a little shake, you can get a tiny amount of rain runoff if you aren't careful when opening the fly. Not really a problem if you just think before opening. The tent stayed bone dry during all the rain we had! I'm able to bend over at the waist and walk in and out of the tent, you can't stand up straight but being able to stand up and put your pants on is nice, and I can set inside in my camp chair with headroom to spare. Another thing I like is the aluminum pole sections are a little shorter than my other tents so it will bag up and drop right in my pannier, which is nice instead of having to put it in my dry duffel bag!

Enwild is sold out of this tent, but other online stores still have it in stock. I paid right at $200.00 for the tent and the matching footprint. I'll try to edit some pics in from my cellphone but they will probably show up sideways or upside down for some reason!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D40F1074-F65B-46E2-8E8A-B58030A9AD82.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	564.8 KB 
ID:	23665
    Last edited by Ironheadziggy76; 12-22-2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Add photos
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Re: Kelty Grand Mesa 4

Here you go fixed for ya, Steve!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	23666

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

#%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Here you go fixed for ya, Steve!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	23666
    How did you do that, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    How did you do that, if you don't mind me asking?
    Me too!
    2010 GL1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, Leesure Lite Excel camper.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Well guys, I just copied the photo to my photoshop program and clicked the rotate button to "clockwise", then saved the photo. Next, I re-posted it as you see it above.

NOTE: Sometimes this method doesn't always work for some reason. Why?? I don't have the foggiest clue!! If after you do the steps I have mentioned above and the picture is still not correct, I do this: I put the photo back into photoshop and click the rotate button to "counter clockwise", then click the rotate button clockwise twice to get the picture in the correct position and save it.

Another way you can correct the photo is to save the photo to your computers picture library. Once saved there, right click your mouse on the photo to get the drop down list of commands. In this list it should say, "Rotate Clockwise" & Rotate Counter Clockwise". Choose and click which direction you need the photo to go so that it is presented correctly. It will automatically save the corrected photo.

I think sometimes it just boils down to computer voodoo magic with a sprinkling of luck.

#%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    Well guys, I just copied the photo to my photoshop program and clicked the rotate button to "clockwise", then saved the photo. Next, I re-posted it as you see it above.

NOTE: Sometimes this method doesn't always work for some reason. Why?? I don't have the foggiest clue!! If after you do the steps I have mentioned above and the picture is still not correct, I do this: I put the photo back into photoshop and click the rotate button to "counter clockwise", then click the rotate button clockwise twice to get the picture in the correct position and save it.

Another way you can correct the photo is to save the photo to your computers picture library. Once saved there, right click your mouse on the photo to get the drop down list of commands. In this list it should say, "Rotate Clockwise" & Rotate Counter Clockwise". Choose and click which direction you need the photo to go so that it is presented correctly. It will automatically save the corrected photo.

I think sometimes it just boils down to computer voodoo magic with a sprinkling of luck.
    Thanks buddy, I put this post up on the laptop and then went back and edited it to add the pic with the phone. I should have sent the photo to my laptop first so I could adjust it.