Thread: Newbie, but not newbie

Newbie, but not newbie

As a long-time rider and camping enthusiast, I feel it’s about time I combined both activities into one. I’ve been checking out mini campers for years but haven’t made the plunge, although there were a few that I could’ve purchased near me. The other issue is I switch bike regularly—theres usually 5-7 bikes in my garage at any given time—but most are not suitable for towing.
    My last big bikes were a Roadliner and a Electra Glide, both very burly and set up perfectly for my 6’4” frame, but I had to let them go at different times for financial reasons... My two current beasts are a 06’ Concours 1000 and a 12’ Super Tenere, and these will remain with me for a bit, so it’s time to get serious about a camper!
    My biggest concern is comfort; being tall and 250# gives me pause when it comes to strength of the bed and floors, but beyond that, I’m sure there’s not much more to worry about. Price is a close second, but I see used campers are plenty and decently priced...

I’m excited to be on this forum and looking forward to interacting with the members!

Rick

Re: Newbie, but not newbie

welcome... I'm 6' 3" 220 and have a mini mate ...easy tow and no room problems...

Welcome to the forum. I’m not as tall (5’10”) but do tip the scales at 250. My Minimate works quite
    well for one up camping. It tows very nicely with my Roadstar 1700. You could pull a cargo trailer
    and tent camp. I’d did it for several years. It was a blessing though to get off the ground and into
    a camper. Good luck.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Site Supporter

Rick there's a product review section here with camper reviews. 6'2" 246# like my Roll a home camper. Good luck with your search

OK from a camper who's goal is to be an XL , I HAVE a Mini Mate and its great for me.

I made a 5000 trip to Canada, and back to Mo. 2017 and its worked out great. Good Luck.

Buttset from Mo.

OK from a camper who's goal is to be an XL , I HAVE a Mini Mate and its great for me.

I made a 5000 trip to Canada, and back to Mo. 2017 and its worked out great. Good Luck.

Buttset from Mo.

Thanks for all the comments!
    I’m looking at something like the Kwik Kamp Bel-Aire that’s on FleaBay right now; I’d bid on it, but $2k starting bid is a bit rich for my blood... I’ll have to keep an eye on our classifieds here!
    The funny thing is, those K-K campers are half the scale size of the vintage 1973 Camel Oasis 3 camper thats sitting in my yard! (wish I could shrink it!)
    Here’s a pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	055D1348-3D5C-4913-9EF0-BF45CCA689EE.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	578.9 KB 
ID:	23637