Thread: Marchway Ultralight Folding Camping Chair

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Thumbs up Marchway Ultralight Folding Camping Chair

In my quest for more compact gear for my trip over the pond, I decided to order this chair from Amazon.com for $33.99 to give it a try.
    Although my mate over the pond said I could use his fold up tripod stool, with my bad back I needed something with some back support and the camping 'pitches' over there are basically just a field where you set up your tent and there are no picnic tables. The tripod stool while maybe thinner in width, is longer so takes up more room when packed for travel
    I saw this chair on a comparison video and decided with the cost of say a big name brand chair, thought I'd give this one a try, especially since it comes with the optional attachable large feet to help prevent the legs sinking in sand/soft soil etc.
    The front of the seat measures 14" from the ground, while the back of the seat is 12". I didn't find any difficulty in getting up out of the seat.

It is definitely more compact/lighter than my Kermit Chair with leg extensions and although not as sturdy as it, it does seem to be sturdy enough. Time and usage will tell!

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Re: Marchway Ultralight Folding Camping Chair

Looks nice, can you get out of without calling a tow truck I have something similar and its comfortable but hard to get out of.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

just another Saddle Tramp
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Looks nice, can you get out of without calling a tow truck I have something similar and its comfortable but hard to get out of.
    Thought I made that fairly clear. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post

The front of the seat measures 14" from the ground, while the back of the seat is 12". I didn't find any difficulty in getting up out of the seat.

Dusty
    I guess it depends on your overall shape/condition/knees and I guess the size of your belly.

I have one just like it that I got at Wal Mart I like it