Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: alaska june 27 2020

  1. #11
    (Threadstarter)
    fireshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norwich,NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    73

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	23648
    2012 goldwing
    2012 timeout xl1800
    2014 roll a home
    2017 africa twin

  2. #12
    SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    El paso TX
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by fireshine View Post
    anyone heading to alaska next year i will be leaving norwich ny june 27 2020 taking my africa twin and not the wing and roll a home since the wife will not be meeting me in anchorage for the ride back i will have 5 weeks for the trip
    I would love to go but not this year moving. If yo go and if possible can you go by the back of the Sign Forest entrance and see if our sign is there. It is in the shape of Texas with our trike and name Mr. Clean and JoJo on it. Thank you

    2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

  3. #13
    (Threadstarter)
    fireshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norwich,NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    73

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean28h View Post
    I would love to go but not this year moving. If yo go and if possible can you go by the back of the Sign Forest entrance and see if our sign is there. It is in the shape of Texas with our trike and name Mr. Clean and JoJo on it. Thank you

    will do my best

  4. #14
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    217

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    We will be in Deadwood, SD July 12th - 17th for their 3 wheel rally. Has anyone been to AK and back during mid July through end of Aug.? It sounds like most plan their trips starting the first part of June.

  5. #15
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,373

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Rob, most leave then because the weather is milder. That wouldn’t be a problem for y’all in the temps y’all ride in. You might check the long range forecast averages to see if it’s doable.
    Steve

    2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  6. #16

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    We will be in Deadwood, SD July 12th - 17th for their 3 wheel rally. Has anyone been to AK and back during mid July through end of Aug.? It sounds like most plan their trips starting the first part of June.
    I have traveled during that time fame many times
    June, July and August is when a lot of riders will go but later in August it's cooling down. Every year the weather varies as to the driest and warmest months. By July/August most of the normal road work should finished.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

  7. #17

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Rob, If your leaving Deadwood and head north it would be about 2800 miles to Fairbanks. Take 9-10 300 mile days, spend a week in Alaska and then two weeks getting home to Michigan. You would back home by mid-August.

    I have a thread on here about tips for traveling thru Canada to Alaska. I will be posting an update to that thread as soon as the Alaska ferry system posts their summer schedule for 2020. If you have any questions please post them up and I will try to answer them.

  8. #18
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    217

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Our return route would be towards Washington state. Then south along the western coast. Our next Spyder Rally wouldn't be until Oct 1st in Broken Arrow, OK.

  9. #19

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Our return route would be towards Washington state. Then south along the western coast. Our next Spyder Rally wouldn't be until Oct 1st in Broken Arrow, OK.
    Ok. On your return from Alaska you can turn off the Alcan near Watson Lake and take the Cassiar highway #37 south to #16 then #97 on your way to Seattle.

  10. #20
    #%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,373

    Re: alaska june 27 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Ok. On your return from Alaska you can turn off the Alcan near Watson Lake and take the Cassiar highway #37 south to #16 then #97 on your way to Seattle.
    I really like this route, we came home this way last time and we plan on going up and back this way this summer! Road was in great shape and little traffic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •