Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: alaska june 27 2020

Re: alaska june 27 2020

Ya, can't see this ending any time real soon. Don't want to start up another wave.

I had two 10 day trips planned for this summer. One was for the Sturgis rally. (I have never been to it) I don't think I will go to that even if it is a go. Too many people that might still spread the virus. I think I will mostly stick to camping and sticking mostly to myself. I hope the provincial campgrounds are open by July. I suppose could always find private ones and stay away from folks.

--
    Gordon

(Threadstarter)

thats what i'm thinking traveling alone and camping the entire way unless it rains for 5 days straight then maybe need a motel but will be almost social distancing except for the use of my phone lol
    2012 goldwing
    2012 timeout xl1800
    2014 roll a home
    2017 africa twin

Just heard the border will remain closed another 30 days.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

(Threadstarter)

i believe they have a date for may 15th for the border to open for recreational crossing

Where did you see that? The 30 day extension expires on the 18th. I have not seen anything saying they are going to open it. I believe Alaska, Yukon, BC and maybe Alberta along with most community's all have 14 day quarantines for any travelers. It could take two months to get here...

@fireshine The border remains closed another 30 days, till June 21st.

(Threadstarter)

yes i see pushing it close and i hope alaska ends there 14 day hibernation stuff soon not sure what i am doing at the moment

The governor has said Alaska is going to the next phase of opening up on Friday. Just about all businesses, Churches, museums can open. Face coverings and social distancing and hand washing still applies. The 14 day quarantine still is in effect but they are reviewing it weekly. There is talk that the quarantine will be modified by June 1st. We will see what happens.
    I follow Canadian news almost as much as the US news and I think the Canadian Provinces and the Yukon Territory will be a bigger obstacle on your ride than Alaska will be.

@fireshine I am not sure if your planning on camping but more bad news. BC just announced that they are closing all Provincial campgrounds for the summer to non-residents.