Thread: I miss my GW Trike and 55 trailer

I miss my GW Trike and 55 trailer

I miss my Trike everyday. I decided to sell it to help pay for my Cabin in Warsaw Mo.

I knew if I did keep riding it, I did not know how much money I could get for it.
    I always liked different things. The 55 Nomad Trailer was a photo magnet.
    Some asked what is it and when I said trailer, it did not compute.
    I traveled a lot of places, staying in motels, some camping in a tent. Then I found
    MotoCampers, got my Mini Mate and that was for me. Put the 55 in the garage.
    Traveled and camped, met all you guys, and had a blast. But I wanted a cabin and
    the Trike and 55 were a way to pay for a big chunk of it.

My wife was very surprised I sold it. But I had a good run. Miss it every summer day when I
    think of riding. I did fish this year more than in the past.

SOME HERE HAVE STOPPED RIDING DO YOU MISS IT?

BUTTSET from Mo.

Re: I miss my GW Trike and 55 trailer

I have rarely been able to get out and ride for over a year now but, I am slowly starting to spend more time riding...yes I did miss it.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Haven't been on a bike in a couple of years, but I do have a Burgman 650 Executive sitting in the garage.

Do I miss riding? I suppose so, but I've been just about everywhere in over 50 years of riding. The fire in my belly is more like smoking embers.

Haven't put anything new on my picturetrail site, so few visitors go there.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Not missing mine yet al least until first snow. And no camp in my future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nomad Trailer 016.jpg  
    Andy Cote
    Windham, ME
    DARKSIDE #1500
    2015 GL1800, Basic black, Nomad Replica cargo trailer

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Mike it’s not too late to get another one! I’m thinking in five years or so there’s a GW or trike and Mini Mate in my future!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I understand your longing. Last weekend I washed, waxed, and prepared my ride for her long winter's nap. I've had a new to me mini-mate just sitting in the garage since late September, but until recently no hitch so I missed getting it out for camping. My wife just shakes her head as I set it up and take it down almost every weekend in the garage, thinking and planning my mods. Ohh well spring is on its way, won't be long now.

I found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Y_JMBzTXk

Not a Goldwing and not as sharp a paint job as your setup but still worth a look.