Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New seat

New seat

This spring/summer I will be taking a bit of a ride to deliver Susan to her Mom and Dads grave in Clarksville, MO. My 2008 GW has almost 80k miles on it so the padding in the seat has broken down a lot. Even 200 miles is a long day on the old seat! So, I broke down and purchased an Ultimate seat for it. I have always wanted one and this seemed like the right time.

Now the trike is ready for a long ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultimate.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	491.6 KB 
ID:	23604
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: New seat

Nice! I've heard good things about them.
    Let us know how you get on with it, Deb!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

Thanks Ken. I took a very brief ride just to check the heating elements out. It sits me in the same place as my stock seat did, is just a touch wider at the front of the seat, and the back rest is more comfortable. I will get out next week and put a few hundred miles on it then I will know better.

I changed out the seat on my Trike after dragging my boot across it too many times.
    The seat change was pretty easy.
    Hope it makes riding better. I rode home from the Chill to Mo. in one long ride. One time.
    Not smart thing to do but I did it.
    my seat felt great. LOL

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by buttset View Post
    I changed out the seat on my Trike after dragging my boot across it too many times.
    The seat change was pretty easy.
    Hope it makes riding better. I rode home from the Chill to Mo. in one long ride. One time.
    Not smart thing to do but I did it.
    my seat felt great. LOL
    My days of long distance rides are over. I will be traveling about 2200 miles and plan on not more than 6 to 8 hour days. While I can still ride to my older brother's home (600 miles) in 8 hours, I don't move for the next 2 days...getting old sucks!

Site Supporter

I know how you feel.i turned 87 on tuesday and i'm beginning to feel old.
    Luray
    TURTLE

Hey Deb, if you need a place to stay for a night or several days my wife and I are located in St. Louis which is about 75 miles south of Clarksville. We’ve got an extra room for you.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    I know how you feel.i turned 87 on tuesday and i'm beginning to feel old.
    Luray
    Nope...you are timeless!

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by GailForce View Post
    Hey Deb, if you need a place to stay for a night or several days my wife and I are located in St. Louis which is about 75 miles south of Clarksville. We’ve got an extra room for you.
    Thank you for the offer but I will be traveling with a number of woman who all knew Susan and want to join me for the ride.

But you and your wife are welcome to join us as we will pass through St. Louis heading to Clarksville.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Thank you for the offer but I will be traveling with a number of woman who all knew Susan and want to join me for the ride.

But you and your wife are welcome to join us as we will pass through St. Louis heading to Clarksville.
    Thanks for the offer. Perhaps we can work that out.