Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushcamp pop-up camper

Bushcamp pop-up camper

There seems to be a new pop-up camper on the horizon, the Bushcamp.

https://bushtec.com/camper-motorcycle-trailer/
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Re: Bushcamp pop-up camper

Same camper, different name... I heard they bought them out.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Sure looks like the original BUNKHOUSE. Bushtec bought them out years ago, stopped production, now it looks like they are making it again.
    2012 GL1800 Pearl white
    2005 Bunkhouse LX
    AMA life member

I wonder if they made any improvements or just used the same set of plans? Either way, nice to see they brought them back out instead of scrapping the camper.

from the ad, "The BushCampXL trailer has a similar tent setup to retired Bunkhouse camping trailer. So similar, that Bushtec can now offer replacement parts for it. While the Bunkhouse was a great trailer, we went ahead and made some awesome improvements to it with the new BushCamp."
    2010 GL1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, Leesure Lite Excel camper.

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    Sure looks like the original BUNKHOUSE. Bushtec bought them out years ago, stopped production, now it looks like they are making it again.
    Just a name change with the requisition
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4
    1988 KampARoo pop up
    Previously 2007 & 2008 Aspen Sentry

Bukwas
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    I'm not understanding your timeline.
    I thought Bushtec purchased the company, sold the company to Hometown Honda, which closed production December 31, 2018.
    Are you saying that Bushtec stoppped making the camper and now is making it again or are you saying that Bushtec has purchased the company back?

I am not sure of the time line either. I know that at one time Hometown Honda owned bushtec and bunkhouse, then sold bushtec,but kept bunkhouse then at some point stopped production. Hometown Honda is now Big Hometown Motorsports. They bought or joined with a bike shop just down the street from them. It was called Big 4 motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    I am not sure of the time line either. I know that at one time Hometown Honda owned bushtec and bunkhouse, then sold bushtec,but kept bunkhouse then at some point stopped production. Hometown Honda is now Big Hometown Motorsports. They bought or joined with a bike shop just down the street from them. It was called Big 4 motorsports.
    Not quite sure were that came from. Bushtec history is as follows: " Bushtec is a name you’re probably familiar with. It was the first example of a “big wheel” style of motorcycle trailer, invented in 1974 by Bill Bushling for a friend who was unable to find a commercial model to his liking. Word of mouth kept Bill busy producing trailers at his little workshop in California until 1989, when the company was sold to John Preston and moved to Tennessee. The company was then taken over by BMT Manufacturing which remains in TN. Andrew Preston then rejoined the company as GM to try and help return Bushtec to its former high quality customer friendly roots.

Anyway.... Does anyone know anyone that has seen one of the new ones?