Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Georgia Rider

Re: North Georgia Rider

Iíve not camped with the bike or an overnight stay at a hotel yet. Iím getting tips from you guys by searching the forum about various options. Iíve camped all my life but never on a motorcycle so this is somewhat new to me.

Thanks Meach and youíre right, itís been smoking hot! The one forum guy I met had a new 650 V-Strom and he loved that bike.

Start small and don't jump in too deep and buy a ton of equipment or go on a thousand mile, month long camping trip. Ask anyone on here and they will tell you that their brand of camper is the best, and they're right (for them). Try to make a camp-out or two before you decide so you can check out a few campers or tents. Or even if you want to try this crazy way of camping.
    Just you on the bike or have you talked the better half into going along?
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclet View Post
    I rode to Suches on 28 Sep and there were a few guys I met from Tennessee and Kentucky who told me about this site. They gave me their forum names but I canít remember what they were. It was a pleasure learning about their love of moto camping so I figured I would become part of the family.

Thanks for a great source of information on motorcycle camping!

BTW, I have an 86 Honda GoldWing with 34,000 miles thatís in great condition. Attachment 23402
    Hey Unclet glad you found us! Iím Steve from Kentucky (the fat guy of the three), make yourself at home and if you have any questions at all just ask! There are some great folks on here who will be happy to help you with whatever you may need. Donít be shy, jump right in! Jerry and John are still on the road ending up at the Barber Motorcycle Festival this weekend.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Glad to see another Georgian in here. What Ziggy said. There are some great folks in here. Welcome.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

Welcome!
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Another hand waving from Va.. Can't beat the N.Ga. riding..have stayed and ridden out of the Ellijay area a few times. Welcome aboard. B.
    2008 GL1800
    CSC Escapade Elite cargo trailer
    Kwik Kamp camper trailer

Howdy to North Georgia,

Currently living in North Idaho, 60 miles from the Canadian Border.

Planning a permanent move to South Georgia (Colquitt County) during the middle of winter. Would this be a good forum to sell off my snow shovels, snow blower and Muk- Luks?

Moving to Georgia: Cant Shovel Rain.
    Fill
    í08 GL 1800
    Pulling an í80 Eagle 1 Trailer or í12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA