Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

Re: Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

Whenever I've purchased a car or motorcycle, I've found the salesperson to be an impediment to the process. Do the research beforehand. Use the Internet, online forums, shows, speak with owners, etc. I'm surprised for a new model vehicle you couldn't find a brochure and all the technical information on the manufacturer's website.

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwi...e_gl1800bj.pdf

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwi...2031mkc600.pdf
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Whenever I've purchased a car or motorcycle, I've found the salesperson to be an impediment to the process. Do the research beforehand. Use the Internet, online forums, shows, speak with owners, etc. I'm surprised for a new model vehicle you couldn't find a brochure and all the technical information on the manufacturer's website.

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwi...e_gl1800bj.pdf

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwi...2031mkc600.pdf
    I get that, and I do my research on various forums, but information is just that information. Part of what I'm buying is also a relationship. I want to know that my business matters, that the dealership appreciates their customers enough to engage them, talk to them, and listen to them. If I want a cheap, fast, simple transaction I go to Amazon, one click and boom. When I drop 20k be it a bike, car or anything else I expect some interaction. I firmly believe that if the sales staff is interested in their customers then the rest of the staff will most likely be as well, and this translates to much better customer service in all departments. One of the best buying experiences I had was with a BMW dealership. I went in to purchase a new bike, salesman took almost 45 minutes, but first asked questions as to what kind of riding I do, how long have I been riding, what type of riding I plan on doing, features I really think I'd like so on, even before we looked at specific models, then it was sit on them all, check ergonomics, test rides. This type of interaction plays out in their parts and service departments as well. I've been riding for 40 years, pretty much know what I need, but I'm not a "bike" guy, I don't get reams of magazines, not on line drooling over the latest models, really after I buy a new bike, I don't even look at new motorcycles till I'm ready to purchase a new one.

Your observations on the new Gold Wing pretty much mirror what i've read and heard from others, minor issues I'm sure. It's one fine bike, enjoy, maybe I'll see you on the road somewhere next year.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Congrats on the new ride!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
    At this point I was so utterly disgusted that I left vowing NEVER to come back. Little harsh probably, but I've got a stubborn streak about a mile wide.
    I'm with you! If they act that way before you hand over your money, you know what they will be like afterwards. I've walked out of places for the same reason...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

(Threadstarter)

After a few days I feel this way still
    Hello all ,

This thing is a blast ,
    Had it a week and have 500 miles on it , was out of town for business for four of those days .
    It was the demo model that they bolted a bunch of things options on I would have passe on.
    The upgraded seat is pretty nice so far but have barely domne 100 miles on one way trip
    Has the lower deflectors, courtesy lights and Fog lights, homelink, charging ports , speakers
    Still learning the buttons
    Seems plenty of power
    Mileage is fine as after three or four hours I need a walk around myself.
    White is so pretty in the sun .

So far the only real complaint was my wife mentioned it cost more than her Kia LOL
    She wanted the KIA so...
    Hell I slid a little in the grass and I can pick it up, wasnt as easy as it used to be but not bad for such a huge bike !
    Use the helmet lock wit holder Gun lock that I had laying around as its coated to not scratch firearms so should work for awhile until I get better option . was free also .
    Normal issues as in luggage is smaller but holds more than enough for short rides as I ride alone 99% of the time .
    Looking for tour bag on Craigslist for longer trips.
    Was raining here the other day and rain mode does take some of the fun out of it but thats whats it for .
    I have been riding for many years and my favorite was the ST1300 but they stopped making those and this may beat that .
    I have had two goldwins before and they just didnt work for me in town Im getting older but like a little pep now and then .
    I truly feel 99% of us cant use 75% of what our bikes are capable of so this will work very nicely.
    I tried the dual sport and the cruiser but they couldn't do long rides

Trying to figure out camping on it because of space but that always takes time .
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

(Threadstarter)

Thanks all