Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

I was slightly interested and ...
    This was a show model that has to many options on it that I would never order.
    So far its wonderful and smooth as babies behind.
    Now I need a hitch so I can over come the luggage issue LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 Goldwing.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	23376
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

Re: Happens everytime I go for a test ride. New Toy 2018 Godlwing

Don't ya hate that!

(Threadstarter)

Well the wife doenst love it that much ROFLMAO

So far the bike is awesome , a few little things like horn button could stick out more , little learning for the DCT on slowing down as in keep just a hair on the gas to smooth it out .
    All minor things like every other bike I have ever owned

Very nice.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Congrats

That is sweet, I looked at the new goldwing this last spring. But the local dealership didnt seem interested in selling me one. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
    But the local dealership didnt seem interested in selling me one.
    I have to ask.....Why do you think the dealership didn't want to sell you one? Were they all spoken for with deposits?
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

(Threadstarter)

more profit on other models ?

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    I have to ask.....Why do you think the dealership didn't want to sell you one? Were they all spoken for with deposits?
    I sent an email couple of weeks before I went to the dealership to get a brochure sent to me and got a reply back from the sales manager to just pop into the store and they would be happy to answer any questions that I had. SO, I took off a Friday for a long weekend and decided to stop in for a look. Sales manager remembered my inquiry, pointed at the two he had on the floor and pretty much left it at that. I asked about horsepower, he wasn't really sure, mileage not really sure. Can you open the bags, I heard there were issues with helmet storage, nope locked and no battery in the display model so, no SOL. Asked about maintenance requirements, not really sure, but he assured me that everyone knew they were the best touring bike out there and not to worry about it. Asked about options on the display model, wasn't really sure. No effort in the least to "Sell" me anything. About that same time another customer came in and started looking at a side-by-side, he promptly left me standing there and went over to them. I rode in on a bike, did not ask what i ride, I think he assumed that I knew just what I was looking for and all he had to do was some paperwork. At this point I was so utterly disgusted that I left vowing NEVER to come back. Little harsh probably, but I've got a stubborn streak about a mile wide. I ride BMW's typically and remember my first buying experience with them it was totally different. I went into the dealership looking for a new bike, the salesman asked about my riding, history, what type of riding i was planning on doing, features I thought I'd like, describe what my perfect bike would be, all before showing me the first model. We then checked out three or four different bikes, sit on them, hands on bars, discussed options available for each model. I think they make their money in the ATV market, selling many more of those vehicles than bikes nowadays, who knows. I went back to BMW, 2018 R1200RTW.

Did you get the DCT transmission? How do you like that, I hear its butter smooth.

(Threadstarter)

DCT is hard to get used to at first.
    Smooth is understatement at acceleration.
    I still think Im smoother at coming to a stop as you need to hold just a tad pressure on the throttle so it doesnt downshift to early and then you can feel the revs and motor slowing you down.
    Learning curve to set favorites and my old Uclear bluetooth doesnt seem to connect. Doesnt matter as its already connected to my phone.
    The radio reception seems to be a little weak
    Wish it had digital radio but dont think they are there yet for motorcycles.
    I have unlimited data so doesnt really matter as If playing music off my phone its still the same headset.
    I like Uclear as no mike boom of any kind as mic is in the speakers
    My full face helmet doesnt fit in the trunk and the provided helmet lock thingy is different.
    Parking brake needs brighter or flashing light so Idiots dont ride off wit hit engaged , ask how I know LOL
    So looking for helmet and or bluetooth that works better and not $$$$

Now some good things
    I love the motor seems faster and a lot of low end grunt as they said.
    Handling is still way better than I can push out of it .
    Ride is a bit soft for me in one up but then Im still a big guy so set it for two up ..
    The Electric windshield I fell in love with on the ST1300 so thats a given.
    Of course still learning all the bells and whistles .
    This one was their show model so has a few farkles that I might not have gotten other wise .
    The courtesy lights when you walk close is nice at night .
    The lower air deflectors are nice when caught in rain but like all of them ,makes for warmer in heat .
    Like the walking gear a lot as comes in handy for backing out.
    Parking brake is necessary