Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Mini Mate Renos Part 2

More Mini Mate Renos Part 2

Well, if you're going to have a part one, I guess you must at least have a part 2. This completes my renos for this year. Got a little camping to do still in August and then on the road for the month of September.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKJ0Kz5Xws&t=1s

Re: More Mini Mate Renos Part 2

So you are doing away with the cushions altogether then? I wondered about that.. seems to me that they are a bit thin to use by themselves, so using an air mattress prob saves a lot of space if not just convenience shuffling cushions around. You're really making that little trailer 'your own'.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    So you are doing away with the cushions altogether then? I wondered about that.. seems to me that they are a bit thin to use by themselves, so using an air mattress prob saves a lot of space if not just convenience shuffling cushions around. You're really making that little trailer 'your own'.
    I've got a fairly old trailer and although the previous owner(s) said it was always garage stored, the foam just seemed "off". I've never had a problem with a good air mattress and the space saving without the foam is huge. I'll do a full packing video in the next week as I go out for a couple more nights locally.

Jim

As soon as you complete your Mini Mate rebuild.

I will trade you a stock 2000 model for your Custom one and you
    can have this fun all over again. No need to thank me.

Butteset from Mo.

Seriously tho.. some of those mods just make a hell of a lot of sense. The electrics, with or without the solar is genius. Built in table? Detachable exterior table? Yes please. Gotta love good old fashioned ingenuity.

Jim
    Watching your video of mods reminded me of one I saw about camping shower.
    Guy make entended pole with flat metal 6X6 sq. He rolled camper wheel over flat
    piece, pole went vertical. He had small plastic hose it looped in a circle. Insert wooden dowel.This became
    shower rod. Add shower curtain. Maybe chain or rope from wood dowel with eye hook to vertical pole for support.
    Solar shower or plastic weed spray bottle, with dish spray wand, on the end,
    or any thing, pump spray tank for pressure. Or maybe
    you come up for water supply, that will work. So you can shower anywhere, you want outside.
    put down small tarp to stand on. Just throwing it out for you to change,lol.

Table mod I might use was metal plate on floor, insert single chrome pole camping table goes
    on top. Find in camper junk yard maybe. this table used in many campers

Buttset from Mo.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Buttset,
    I love the wheel on plate stand idea. I have designed (but not built yet) a 3/4" PVC pipe portable shower stall with privacy curtain that breaks down for storage. I do have a 5 gal. solar hot water bag already. I need 8' to 9' clearance to make it work well and had been thinking of using tree limbs with a rope over but we don't always have convenient tree limbs. The only issue with using a shower supported by the trailer wheel stand is having the waste water all around the base of your campsite. I may at least rig it up for a tree limb for September.
    And.. thanks for the offer of a swap. Let me get a couple of seasons out of this to see if I want to do further modifications lol.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    Seriously tho.. some of those mods just make a hell of a lot of sense. The electrics, with or without the solar is genius. Built in table? Detachable exterior table? Yes please. Gotta love good old fashioned ingenuity.
    I'm looking at the possibility of at least 3 months on the road and I just want to be as self-contained and self-reliant as possible. With a touch of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C-G View Post
    a good air mattress and the space saving without the foam is huge.
    I just started using an air mattress instead of the foam and really like the extra space in the RAH. No trouble closing the top now without the big foam mattress in there. Hard finding a King size air mattress though, everybody sells either a full or queen...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

How about front or rear bike tire?
    How about inflate small kids pool?
    To stand in, got a air pump? lol
    Make a foldable shower stall don't they?

https://www.amazon.com/WolfWise-Pop-...gateway&sr=8-3

Amazon $29

Buttset