Thread: What we're planning

What we're planning

Chillout goers will remember that JohnO hurt his arm and drove a car this year. That also meant we had to postpone our annual trip but now his arm is healed and we've rescheduled and if anyone else is out in the area or looking for a reason to be out in the area, stop by. We'll have lots of lies to tell.

We're going to Two Wheels of Suches for the last weekend of September, apparently they're having an unofficial VJMC meet (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) going on so there'll be lots of cool bikes to look at and ride with. Can't wait to get back to Suches. Last time there was ... an adventure. Right, Ziggy?

Then we'll take a sort of break and stay a couple of nights in a cabin at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground before heading down to Birmingham on Oct 3 for the Barber Vintage Festival for a helluva good time. Less riding, more walking, spectating and at least a little bit more drinking.

That's the plan, anyway. You never know for sure what'll happen.

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2013 DL650 V-Strom ADV, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: What we're planning

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    Last time there was ... an adventure. Right, Ziggy?.
    Jerry, Jerry, where are you, I can’t see you!

The last time Jerry, John, and I went down there the fog was so thick you couldn’t see your hand right in front of your face. We were going to make a dinner run and came back after less than a mile. We went across the street to the gas station/store and got Hunt Brothers pizza and all the beer they had! I have to admit I had a blast! It’s a beautiful area to ride if you have never been.

Godzilla should be recovered enough from her knee replacement surgery by then, so count me in unless her Mom takes a turn for the worse.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Hey that's great news, Steve. That VJMC rally is going to be pretty cool. I just want to be sure to get there early and get a good spot.

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Yeah that was a scary ride. I don't even like to ride on a clear night because of my deerphobia. That was madness.