Thread: Worlds End State Park

Worlds End State Park

Trying a New State Park in August...Worlds End State Park...Worlds End State Park is in a narrow S-shaped valley of the Loyalsock Creek just south of Forksville, Sullivan County. Surrounded by the Loyalsock State Forest, the 780-acre park offers visitors diverse recreational opportunities within a pristine environment. The rugged natural beauty coursing through the heart of the Endless Mountains landscape provides many photographic possibilities. Will post more upon our return.
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 55,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

burgman650

Re: Worlds End State Park

What state?

You will like it a lot of good riding! There is a dirt fireroad/hiking road leads up to a phenomenal lookout..you should see some bald eagles there.

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrench View Post
    What state?
    Ummm...it's posted in Campground Review, US States, Pennsylvania....but yeah....PA!

I've spent a weekend up in that area and one thing for absolute certain that you must know..... when riding cross the covered bridge at Forksville and stop at the Forksville General Store & Restaurant. The front is the store and the back section is restaurant, I recommend the "God Father Pt II" (cheese steak sandwich with 1/2 lb of meat) it's delicious.
    Scott from Central PA
    2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII
    2007 Time Out
    American Voyager Association

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I've spent a weekend up in that area and one thing for absolute certain that you must know..... when riding cross the covered bridge at Forksville and stop at the Forksville General Store & Restaurant. The front is the store and the back section is restaurant, I recommend the "God Father Pt II" (cheese steak sandwich with 1/2 lb of meat) it's delicious.
    Added to my list of places to stop & try!! Thanks!!

One of my first camp-outs on a bike was there with the wife to be. Two man tent that wasn't big enough for one person... Big Indian (Native American) Pow-wow that weekend so there was no site available anywhere. End up camping in someones yard. Good time...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Camping at Worlds End SP was great total of about 70 sites some with electricity some not. We stayed in the upper loop at site 46..great location, easy walk to bathroom with shower (yes singular, the lower bathroom had a total of 3 showers)The upper section of sites are not so close together..would recommend them over the lower sites. Lots of good hiking...but most, if not all are listed and difficult and most difficult. We did the 4 mile trail..and it was a lot of up and down switch backs and lots of rocks! There is ZERO phone signal, no internet and the closest place to from the CG is about 4 miles...Forksville's BIG MIKES Steaks & Hoagies! Good Food, mostly sandwiches, but they also do a great breakfast!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020225.jpg   P1020232.jpg   P1020236.jpg   IMG_1388.jpg   IMG_1390[1].jpg  

I stayed there a couple of years ago, really enjoyed my time there, the swimming hole was very nice after a hot day of riding.