Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie hwe with a question

Re: Newbie hwe with a question

Welcome from Virginia.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Welcome from South Central Wisconsin
    Dewey

Welcome!
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceesfolly View Post
    Wayne ....Welcome to the forum. Check out Amazon for mirror extenders. There are all types on their website.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=motorcycl...b_sb_ss_i_1_27

BTW, I live in Rochester and have camped with a few members and always have a great time. Great bunch of people here. PM me if you want to meet for lunch sometime. Also, there is a campout scheduled for early September in Allegheny State Park at the Loleta Campground. Always a great time there.
    http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...-Mw-pa-campout

Jim
    Thanks Jim. We usually go to a Spyder event called SpyderQuest in Lake George that is held the first part of September. I will check out the dates to see if this fits.

Welcome aboard.
    I grew up in the finger lakes region. Owego and Ithaca.

(Threadstarter)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been looking at everyone's tips and doing a lot of research and I have ordered a mirror that I think and hope will do the trick. The mirror works with a ram ball mount called "Double Take Adventure Mirror". And I ordered a 5" long ram mount double socket arm. I already have a ram ball mounted on my handlebar so I think this should give me plenty of height to be able to see over the trailer. Other options I found were called boat mirrors that clamp onto a windshield or wherever you can find a place to clamp them to.

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    Hello, Wayne here from Western NY, the Fingerlakes region. My wife and I just purchased a Kwik Kamp II camper from the USA Trailer Store. Identical to a Bunkhouse as far as I can tell. We did our first night this past weekend at Sampson State Park and have several more planned. Haven't camped in nearly 25 years and have never camped on a motorcycle. I ride and pull the trailer with a Can-Am Spyder and my wife rides an Indian Scout. Our first night was great and can't wait for our next outing.

Question I have is what do others do for mirrors? The trailer is wide and tall so I cannot see around or over it. I would like to come up with something before our next trip. Thanks
    Welcome We pull a timeout and it is wide never had a mirror issue seeing the trailer and what's behind us. I do ride a trike with HD mirrors that have the regular mirror and blind spot ones. May be they can work on yours. Side note we bought the timeout from NY and travels to Niagara Falls anymore. Will return just not NYC

2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired