Thread: WPA Campground in So. Central Michigan

WPA Campground in So. Central Michigan

I hope someone can help me with this. Several years ago, I stayed at a campground that was built as part of the WPA efforts during the depression. I recall that this locale had lots of fine masonry in the stone/brickwork bridges, and a small stream running along the edge of the campground. I believe it was a county park, but have forgotten the name. I have tried and tried to recall the location, but to no avail. Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

I would love to hear about any WPA constucted camps in any state, if you happen to know of any.

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Re: WPA Campground in So. Central Michigan

Here's a start. Looks to have been a lot of places built by the CCC back during the depression.
    My grandfather went down to GA to work on Stone Mtn and then up to Oregon with the CCC.
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4
    1988 KampARoo pop up
    Previously 2007 & 2008 Aspen Sentry

THANK YOU! I am running out the door, but look forward to reading more later.

Those are some nice places you call home, newday777. I know them both, sort of.

I was a long time resident of San Diego (before explosive growth killed the small town flavor of it) and spent much time on the beaches from Santa Ysidro up to Oceanside. Daughter No. 2 is a fabulous artist who graduated Summa Cum Laude (sorry, the brag just squeaked out!) from the University of Portsmouth, near Ashland in 2012. We loved that White Mountains region, and found the people really nice and down to earth.

How do you like your Kamparoo? The Aussies come up with the best camping trailers ever, but I didn't know they made them for motorcycles as well as cars.

Oceanside is where I spend winters. I ride out and back. Leaving this Saturday.
    I do like the KampARoo. It's only 43" wide which is good enough for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180907_075204_HDR.jpg   20181030_091805.jpg   20181029_130827.jpg   20180909_094349_HDR.jpg  

43" is plenty wide for one...it would be tight for the two of us, but that is a very good looking camper.

Have a safe and fun journey, newday777. We are leaving for out Hawaii trip today. Catch up with you on the flip side!