Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riding to Alaska Info

Re: Riding to Alaska Info

You won't enjoy it. It's certain to rain.

Richard

(Threadstarter)

A little rain won't hurt you, you won't melt
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

(Threadstarter)

I am heading down the Alcan again on the 7th to go camping in the UP with my brother. We will be at Brevort Lake Campgound west of St. Ignace starting July 15th. I think we will be there for 5-6 days if your in the area stop in and say hi. Look for a Yellow Wing and RAH with Alaska plates.

(Threadstarter)

I just got word that the Alaska Ferry System workers just went out on strike.
    I am on my way back to Alaska to catch the ferry home to Juneau on the 31st, looks like I will get to play a bit longer....

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    The part of Dease Lake you see from the highway is just a quick oh wow I missed it. There is a road or two that go off to the west side of the highway where everyone lives, airport and such but the business area is what you saw in the highway.
    Camping there? I only stayed there once and it was in an RV, there was a free community campsite south of town on a river but there were fish in the river and bears all over, I would not put up my tent there. I think that RV site is about it. I prefer to camp at Bell2 It's at mile 155 from the south end of the Cassiar. They have a campground, nice bathrooms and lodge, cabins and dining room. If I am in my pup tent I get an RV site and use the power for my cpap.
    Thanks for that info Bob, we were thinking that there had to be more to Dease Lake than what we were seeing. It was raining buckets the whole time we were there and we just kept pushing down the road. We did get a decent pizza there at the local restaurant, and a good breakfast sandwich at the local grocery store when we gassed up before we left. I'll have to look up Bell2 and get it saved to the trip file.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

(Threadstarter)

An update on the Alaska Ferry System. The ferry system has stopped going to Prince Rupert BC so if you where thinking of going there to catch the ferry you need to change your plans.