Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Portugal in 3 weeks

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Re: Going to Portugal in 3 weeks

What we saw and we traveled from Lisbon in the south to Porto in the north was a very clean country. There were areas that we saw some litter, mostly in the bigger cities. The people of Portugal, all seemed very proud of their country and went out of their country and would point out places to see and related the history of the county. Most everyone we spoke with spoke English very well and appreciated when we tried to speak Portuguese. Very warm and friendly people....and the food everywhere we went was extremely fresh and prepared very well. The we did visit a few vineyards and while in Porto...we had our share of Port wines! We actually found a couple Ports that were over 119 years old (not in my price range however, bottle sold for over $1400.). I would not hesitate to return to Portugal and would recommend anyone to visit!

I apologize for the pictures being turned...these were taken on my IPhone...for some reason, I could not correct!

Photo 1 - 119 year old port wine
    Photo 2 - 10, 20 & 30 year old ports tasted (YUM!)
    Photo 3 - Castle once where Templar Knights resided
    Photo 4 - Had a really nice octopus stew on the beach
    photo 5 - One of the bridges in Porto (double decker)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1340.jpg   IMG_1284.jpg   IMG_1303.jpg   IMG_1219.jpg   IMG_1274.jpg  

2008 GL1800-HPNA with 55,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720