Re: New here from Kansas pulling a Mini mate

Welcome!
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyairhead View Post
    Sorry to have missed you at the BMW rally, I was pretty busy and on the move I saw 5 minimates there. I'm at hunts motorcycle camp now .
    John
    John, We did meet at the MOA rally. I was camped up on the hill next to the big white fence on the other side of club camping. You stopped by and we spoke of the fabrication of brakes on your MM.
    I got in Tuesday morning and left early Sunday. By my count there were eight mini-mates there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0890.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	23091
    "Teach your kids about taxes, eat 40% of their ice cream cone."
    '09 BMW R1200RT (My main machine)
    '11 Ural Patrol (My back road rider)
    '73 BMW R75/5 (Around towner)

I walked right by both of you guys and admired each setup. So impressed that I'm now in negotiations to purchase a MM to haul behind my R1200r, hopefully sealing the deal on Saturday. Now to get a hitch fabricated as no one manufactures one for the R1200r and figure out the light wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
    I walked right by both of you guys and admired each setup. So impressed that I'm now in negotiations to purchase a MM to haul behind my R1200r, hopefully sealing the deal on Saturday. Now to get a hitch fabricated as no one manufactures one for the R1200r and figure out the light wiring.
    you might try these guys for a hitch. Many times they have already fabricated one for someone and have the dimensions to make another. I had one of their hitches on R1150RT. https://www.dmcsidecars.com/hitches/ Give them a call and see if they can make you one.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

I'll give DMC a call, as the last several emails I've sent them have gone unanswered. I've got the MM home last Saturday and just wheeling it around the garage and setting it beside my R1200r, I'm not so confident now that I want to tow it with this bike. My wife is of the same opinion and has told me to go get a different bike to tow the camper with, gotta love a gal like that.

I'm surprised they didn't get back with you. They might be extremely busy. I'm getting ready to downsize and go back to tent camping. I think I'm going to go the adventure bike route.

Im not sure why they didnt get back to me, give them the benefit of the doubt.

How did the MM go behind the 1150? My '11 R1200 is only 570 lbs wet, thinking it may be a little light even for the MM lightly loaded.