Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Cow

Re: Holy Cow

We are not glamping we. Don't bring a TV. lol

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Just got our LL back. Getting ready to start seeing where everything is going to fit. Thought I would take it down to local scrap yard and run it across their scales.
    I just about choked when I stepped off the scale the trailer empty except for the awnings (2), add-a-rooms (2), both sets of poles, rain fly to cover everything, and the travel cover. Turned around and saw 480 flash to 500 and stay there.
    here is my set upAttachment 22980Attachment 22981
    I weighed our leesure lite on 2 different scales 20 mins apart. Trailer was loaded with enough close to last 3 or 4 days and our camping gear,empty cooler. I thought it felt lite behind the bike. 480 lbs on both scales. This makes me wonder how much weight I had been pulling in trailers that I had in the past. I'm guessing somewhere around 700 lbs. I think the weight that manufactures claim must be stripped down and no mattress to even get close to what they claim.

I thought maybe the first pictures were down under (Australia)

If you have a good bathroom scale, weigh one wheel at a time (or double the weight) and also include the tongue weight for your tare weight.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerryb View Post
    A metal recycling place will have scales accurate within 20 lbs. At least thats what I understand about them here.
    Same here in KY, I hauled a load of scrap metal off and when I got out of the truck at the scale house to pick up my ticket, my smart mouthed buddy running the scales told me I needed to try a different diet! I told him thanks for doing the math to tell me I'm fat, I would have never known if it weren't for him! His scales were within about 2 lbs of what I had weighed at the doctor earlier in the week!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

[QUOTE=Ironheadziggy76;174653]....... I told him thanks for doing the math to tell me I'm fat........QUOTE]
    hey Steve, my mother-in-law would say; Ewe's not fat, ewes fluffy!
    Also, I was glad to read that your first set of results were favorable too! Here's hoping the second are (as they expect) the same.
    Scott from Central PA
    2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII
    2007 Time Out
    American Voyager Association

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

[QUOTE=Scott;174654]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    ....... I told him thanks for doing the math to tell me I'm fat........QUOTE]
    hey Steve, my mother-in-law would say; Ewe's not fat, ewes fluffy!
    Also, I was glad to read that your first set of results were favorable too! Here's hoping the second are (as they expect) the same.
    Thanks buddy, I'm hoping all will be fine!