Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Just got our LL back. Getting ready to start seeing where everything is going to fit. Thought I would take it down to local scrap yard and run it across their scales.
    I just about choked when I stepped off the scale the trailer empty except for the awnings (2), add-a-rooms (2), both sets of poles, rain fly to cover everything, and the travel cover. Turned around and saw 480 flash to 500 and stay there.
    here is my set upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190426_130806[1].jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	535.8 KB 
ID:	22980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190426_130819[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	546.6 KB 
ID:	22981

(Threadstarter)

Re: Holy Cow

Sorry now I'm upside down. I haven't even put the bed in it yet. I just guessing but I'll be adding 250-300 pounds of "stuff" Ikes.

That is a rather sizeable gear box on the back. We may have to get you a "Glamping alert" sticker! Although, if you ask Ken & Rhonda, it takes more than they can fit in to reach "Glamping" status.

(Threadstarter)

Can anyone help flip my pics?
    That big box on the back is actually quite lite. I'd say about 20# tops. Its thin diamond plate aluminum.

Looks like you tipped the scales.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190426_130819[1].jpg   20190426_130806[1].jpg  

Those scales are probably calibrated in the dozens of tons or more. No reason to expect them to be accurate at these low values. Try something with a max load of 1000lbs.
    Andy Cote
    Windham, ME
    DARKSIDE #1500
    2015 GL1800, Basic black, Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

(Threadstarter)

What kind of place would have a scale like that? Thought same thing maybe a feed mill but they also weigh trucks over tons at a time.
    Thanks for flipping the pics Ken

A metal recycling place will have scales accurate within 20 lbs. At least thats what I understand about them here.

Site Supporter

Kerry is right about the accuracy. Those scales are certified by the county auditor to 20 lbs. or less. At least that's how it is in Ohio.

Fairly easy to weigh the empty trailer on bathroom scales. Put scale under one tire at a time and under tongue then add the three numbers together. This will provide a fairly accurate weight. My small trailer was listed as weighing 250 pounds but actually weighs 350 pounds.