Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Away for awhile but back again.

Re: Away for awhile but back again.

Too bad you live so far away, I would loan you my teardrop cargo trailer to try t out. It would make a neat package with a Burgman. Bonus is that I only lost 2-3 mpg pulling it with my vintage goldwing.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kerryb View Post
    Too bad you live so far away, I would loan you my teardrop cargo trailer to try t out. It would make a neat package with a Burgman. Bonus is that I only lost 2-3 mpg pulling it with my vintage goldwing.
    I would like to try it. I know I will lose a few MPG but pretty sure it won't be much if ridden correctly. I think the big Burgman will handle a trailer well as long as the weight of the aforementioned trailer isn't too heavy. Hence my original question trying to find a lightweight camper. My second favorite bikes are the old Honda GWs up to when they went to the six cylinder engines. I don't have a hitch on my 81 GW but maybe someday. I've considered a cargo trailer so I could carry a decent tent and sleeping bag and cooler but really hoping to find a proper camper. Thanks for the response.

I don't have a hitch on my 81 GW but maybe someday
    Very easy to make a "home made" hitch for the 81 Goldwing. I had the exact bike back in the 80's. The bike pulled incredible, even with 2 up. Had a better gear ratio than the later 80's. Never had to down shift and got better mileage than my buddies 84 goldwing.( and he wasn't pulling a trailer)

--
    Gordon

This is the hitch I made for my '83 wing. I got 42mpg pulling my teardrop cargo trailer. I did need to downshift to keep the revs above 3500 on some hills, but it purred along quite nicely at 70-75mph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2196small.jpg   IMG_2204small.jpg  

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean28h View Post
    Awesome stuff all the retiring and this who served Yes many T-shirts for sure thanks to all
    Yes indeed. For a kid from a small town in southern Illinois that grew up on my own, it was quite a ride while I was in the Guard. We were an active aviation unit that deployed several times overseas on NATO missions or back in the day, SOUTHCOM missions before we gave back the canal and then on to other trips to Europe and then the obligatory trip to Iraq for a little over a year starting 2003. After that one more trip to Central America for six months and then eventually going to Afghanistan for four years. Yes it was quite a change and a challenge for me. I was blessed everyday to be a part of it and to have accumulated so many T-shirts from around the world. To this day I maintain the military in any one of the many forms available to us in America is the greatest opportunity a young person has and all they have to do is volunteer. As we approach Memorial Day, I remember the friends I have lost and the others who gave their all for their country. Must be dust in the air, as I am writing this message my eyes water.
    Thoughts from an old 1SG.