Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Away for awhile but back again.

Away for awhile but back again.

Alright all of you savvy motorcycle camper trailer pullers, I am looking for recommendations on a lightweight trailer that I can pull behind a 650. I had originally looked for a Slipstream camper but the have proven to be elusive. Most of my use would be solo adventures with only an occasional two up trip. I would like to keep it in the 250-300 lbs range if possible. Any suggestions or experiences that you care to share would be great.

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Re: Away for awhile but back again.

Timeout I have is heavy, I have a small cargo Cyclemate 1000 that holds a tent and such. Extremely light

2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

(Threadstarter)

I had seen some numbers on the weight from Timeout and thought they were a bit more than I wanted to pull. I've also considered a cargo trailer and then carrying a decent tent. Not sure of a direction I want to go yet. I hope to retire in the next year and wanting to get something soon to give me some time to try it before the date comes when I plan to use it a lot.

Probably doesn't matter but 650 adventure style or 650 cruiser style?
    Andy Cote
    Windham, ME
    DARKSIDE #1500
    2015 GL1800, Basic black, Nomad Replica cargo trailer

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cote View Post
    Probably doesn't matter but 650 adventure style or 650 cruiser style?
    Good question. Not really thinking it falls in either category you mentioned. I plan to use my 650 Burgman. It has about 54 HP and weighs about 625 lbs. I would like the trailer to be a little less than half the weight of the bike if that is possible. Not that it changes anything but I also have a C/T on the back of my Burgman. I'm actually on the second tire.

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

I am retiring this year I love our Timeout and will hit the road more with it. The cargo I have has not been used since our one trip wife hated the tent thing. We have two campout this year One is to Moab UT in Jul and the second is Moyers OK in Oct

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean28h View Post
    I am retiring this year I love our Timeout and will hit the road more with it. The cargo I have has not been used since our one trip wife hated the tent thing. We have two campout this year One is to Moab UT in Jul and the second is Moyers OK in Oct
    Yep, kinda in line with what I am thinking. As much as I want to make it a lightweight trailer, I much prefer the idea of not sleeping on the ground in a tent. I retired from the Army many years ago and went to the corporate world from which I hope to retire from one day soon.

Thank you for your Service...

Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    Good question. Not really thinking it falls in either category you mentioned. I plan to use my 650 Burgman. It has about 54 HP and weighs about 625 lbs. I would like the trailer to be a little less than half the weight of the bike if that is possible. Not that it changes anything but I also have a C/T on the back of my Burgman. I'm actually on the second tire.
    Neat! My friend had one of those and loved it. Very capable machine.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    Thank you for your Service...
    Like so many others I have seen on here, I just did my job and was very grateful to have had the opportunity to do and make a career of it. It was a blessing to me to do it. You are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cote View Post
    Neat! My friend had one of those and loved it. Very capable machine.
    I've had a number of different types and brands of bikes over the years and after the fun of high HP multicylindered beasts that breathe fire when you crack the throttle, no shifting and riding a little slower seems to be more fulfilling now. Yea, the Burgman is a well kept secret in the world of two wheels.