Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: my blackwater falls,campout in may

Re: my blackwater falls,campout in may

FYI, I will not be at this one even though it is close to me. Susan is not able to be left alone yet.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    FYI, I will not be at this one even though it is close to me. Susan is not able to be left alone yet.
    I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU CAMPING WITH US. I SAY HI TO SUSAN AND PRAY FOR HER COMPLETE RECOVERY.
    LuRay
    TURTLE

Quote Originally Posted by LURAY View Post
    I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU CAMPING WITH US. I SAY HI TO SUSAN AND PRAY FOR HER COMPLETE RECOVERY.
    LuRay
    Thank you for the prayers. I will say hello for you and enjoy your time

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

THERE is another road AUGHWICK ROAD THAT BEGINS AT RT.30 AND GOES NORTH THRU THE CAMP AND COMES OUT AT BURNT CABINS AT RT 522.IT IS 10 MILES LONG.CAMP IS IN THE MIDDLE.I PLAN TO CHECK THAT OUT THE NEXT DRY WARM DAY AND WILL POST THE RESULTS.IT MAY BE A BETTER WAY TO CAMP FOR SOME OF YOU.LuRay
    WEDNESDAY WAS A GOOD DAY SO I MADE THE RIDE TO COWAN STATE PARK TO CHECK OUT AUGHWICK RD.THE NORTH END STARTS AT BURNT CABINS AT RT.522. AND GOES SOUTH TO COWAN PARK [8 MILES] AND CONTINUES TO RT.30.[10 MILES].THE ROAD IS A TWO LANE ,BLACK TOP AND NO POT HOLES,IN THE THREE MILES I RODE.
    I RODE UP THE THREE MILE MT.ROAD TO THE PARK THAT BEGINS AT RT75 AND WAS SURPRISED TO SEE NO GRAVEL AS IT HAD BEEN WASHED AWAY BY THE RECENT RAINS THAT CAUSED FLOODS IN THAT AREA.I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY.THE MIDDLE OF EACH LANE IS SLIGHTLY ROUGH BUT YOU CAN RIDE LEFT OR RIGHT OF IT.NOW IT IS A GOOD MOTORCYCLE ROAD.
    AUGHWICK RD.FROM THE NORTH WILL BE A SHORT CUT TO CAMP. FROM THE SOUTH THE MILEAGE IS ABOUT THE SAME AS FROM RT.75.
    I DIDN,T LIKE SITE 3 SO YOU WILL FINE ME AT SITE 4 .
    JUST TWO WEEKS AWAY SO RESERVE YOUR SITE.i CHECKED TODAY AND SITES ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN AREA-A WHERE THE GROUP WILL BE.
    LuRay

I just so happens I'll be camping at Burnt Cabins this weekend. Going on the New Sweden 450 ride. Lots of nice riding roads in that area.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    I just so happens I'll be camping at Burnt Cabins this weekend. Going on the New Sweden 450 ride. Lots of nice riding roads in that area.
    will you make ours in two weeks ?LuRay

I've got some free time this week so I'm going to try talking the better half into making a trip down that way, maybe take a look at my site and see if I want to change it as well. I've got site #2 reserved. Baggerhog said he's staying on our site to. I suppose he'll show up late Friday or Saturday in the dark...
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

will you make ours in two weeks ?LuRay
    Maybe... Unfortunately I can't commit at this time since I have tentnative plans to meet someone at the Ohio Bike Week event.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Maybe... Unfortunately I can't commit at this time since I have tentnative plans to meet someone at the Ohio Bike Week event.
    I HOPE YOUR FORMER PLANS WORK OUT ,IF NOT WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US AT COWAN STATE PARK.THERE'S A NICE GROUP FORMING AND SITES ARE STILL AVAILABLE.WE ARE IN AREA -A.CLOSE TO CAMP HOST.MAY 31-JUNE 2.
    LuRay

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    I've got some free time this week so I'm going to try talking the better half into making a trip down that way, maybe take a look at my site and see if I want to change it as well. I've got site #2 reserved. Baggerhog said he's staying on our site to. I suppose he'll show up late Friday or Saturday in the dark...
    YOUR SITE IS FINE.LARGE AND LEVEL AND NEXT TO MINE.IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE NEXT TO ME BY ALL MEANS PICK ANOTHER ONE. ha ha IS CHUCK COMING?HE CAN CAMP ON MY SITE.THE FRIEND THAT WAS COMING WITH ME HAD A STROKE AND HE CAN'T DRIVE ANY THING NOW.SELLING HIS HARLEY D.
    iF YOU DRIVE DOWN LET ME KNOW THE DAY AND I WILL MEET YOU THERE.
    LuRay