Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post Chillout camp/ride in Virginia

Re: Post Chillout camp/ride in Virginia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190514_173054[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	505.9 KB 
ID:	22998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190514_173111[1].jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	22999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190511_135316[1].jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	558.2 KB 
ID:	23000 Here is a few of the loaded and ready to go trailers. Going to gas up in the morning and weigh the loaded trailers. Not sure I really want to know lol. 1 out of 3 right side up lol

Attachment 23001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190514_173111.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	23002 Fixed them, I'll get this right with practice.

All gased up ready to head to Baldwin, MI. Took them to local scales and Deb's little blue weighed in at 540#. On the other hand LL weighed in at 920# Guess we will see how she tows. Only 34# tong weight .

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    All gased up ready to head to Baldwin, MI. Took them to local scales and Deb's little blue weighed in at 540#. On the other hand LL weighed in at 920# Guess we will see how she tows. Only 34# tong weight .
    Great pics, you all be safe out there!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Seems like 34lbs hitch weight (<4%) is pretty light for a 920lb trailer. Common starting point taught to me is 10 to 15%.
    My 350 lb trailer has 50 to 70 lbs tung weight (14 to 20%). A bit more than I like but is stable load. Just saying?
    See you at chill out.
    John
    KISS

Your right John ,
    Had to stop 4 times to shift items to make it less tail heavy .

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Wow, double-wow, you leave a thread for a week and all hell breaks loose in here.

I had some surgery too but damn Steve, you win the prize. That's a hell of a way to lose weight.

I'm lying in bed on my laptop right now, later on I'll get up to my desk and respond to all of this.

Wow.

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2013 DL650 V-Strom ADV, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

So Rob, I'm searching for the ride report about your new cargo setup. Did it all get there and back with you?

Hey Ripshod
    Of course we ate almost all the food we started with. Fixed 3 days breakfast for 4 and dinner 3 nights for 4. also started with 6 gallons of water which we either consumed or left at our friends camp. That left a bit of weight off for the home trip. We did move a bit out of the camper to Deb's trailer for homeward trip. Also shifted weight to the front of the LL to increase tong weight to around 75#. That fixed any wagging. The back add on box will need a redesign of the square tubes into receivers on the back of the camper. We had some bending / sagging after the 150+ mile trip up to Baldwin. Going to reinforce the 7 or so inches between LL and box with some steel U channel around the aluminum tubes.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    Wow, double-wow, you leave a thread for a week and all hell breaks loose in here.

I had some surgery too but damn Steve, you win the prize. That's a hell of a way to lose weight.

I'm lying in bed on my laptop right now, later on I'll get up to my desk and respond to all of this.

Wow.
    Jerry “WOW” is exactly what I thought when the Doctor told me what he had done! The last few days have been worse than the beginning, I think I may have over done it a bit! I go for lab work tomorrow and back for a check up visit Friday and a consultation about my medicine dosage. Hopefully he will cut me loose to ride and start lifting more than 20 pounds. I’m starting to get wound a little tight setting here watching the grass grow! I’ve started to gather my camping gear for the Chill Out, but I really want to be riding. I also need to get the oil changed in the new bike next week, maybe I can get Godzilla to change it for me!