Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Chillout camp/ride in Virginia

Re: Post Chillout camp/ride in Virginia

I got the impression from comments in chillout thread that Jerry and John were going to Jerrys place in Knox. after chillout on Sun., regroup and head out for VA on Mon.

As of now I'm doing a solo triip so thinking about stopping in Knox. and visit a brother on Sun and head up to VA on Mon. If weather is great might just head north after the chillout and camp somewhere just for the night. Maybe find some place I've never been before. Just see where I end up. Last minute weather might dictate what I end up doing.
    Meach and Maggie
    05 vtx1300
    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
    09 DL 650 VSTROM

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Meach, it sounds like you have it worked out. Yeah, that's the plan. Regroup at my house on Sunday night, take off the next morning for VA. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2013 DL650 V-Strom ADV, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

As far as Sunday night post-chillout is concerned, I'm afraid I don't have enough room for everyone but I'm sure we can think of something. There are some campgrounds around here, I'm thinking of one in particular north of here, at least sort of on the way to VA. If you want to get a room, we have them all around. Actually it might be nice to sleep in a real bed in between campsites, I know I will appreciate it. Are there any issues?

Well with our LL we always have a bed with us. It's a Sleep Number full size. Would not take much to pop it open and inflate for even a 1 night stop.

Once I'm on a road trip I usually just prefer to camp in my own "bed" such as it is where ever I end up. I prefer to camp than to get a room somewhere.

This might be the start of a traveling motocamper event. ride and then camp.

I'm flexible. Thinking of seeing who else might want to ride along and agree of where to go next. I was thinking about riding up to Cumberland Gap and camping and then head over to VA next morning. Have never been to Cumb. Gap CG, maybe others have.

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Well with our LL we always have a bed with us. It's a Sleep Number full size. Would not take much to pop it open and inflate for even a 1 night stop.
    I'm sure we can find some place to set it up.

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

That's a great idea, Meach. I've not been to the CG campground but the park is a nice visit. It's a beautiful view.

Been camping at the Gap a few times...Have very nice bathrooms, W&E sites and some nice primitive sites. Have a nice little store on site for getting the essentials and close to a variety of dining facilities....there in Middlesboro, Ky as well as going the other way into TN....Seems that sites were First Come, First Served...so we always tried to get there reasonably early in the day.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meach View Post
    Once I'm on a road trip I usually just prefer to camp in my own "bed" such as it is where ever I end up. I prefer to camp than to get a room somewhere.

This might be the start of a traveling motocamper event. ride and then camp.

I'm flexible. Thinking of seeing who else might want to ride along and agree of where to go next. I was thinking about riding up to Cumberland Gap and camping and then head over to VA next morning. Have never been to Cumb. Gap CG, maybe others have.
    Meach, I’m hoping to do at least a few days after the Chill Out if all works out. Maybe we can get Rob and Deb, and the others who want to camp together and find a place to camp. Cumberland Gap sounds like a good idea. We can get together and figure something out under the pavilion.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Sounds like an extended motocamper event. Just did our first setup in the back yard with the new second awning and one of the now 2 add-a-rooms. also a new rain/sun over fly. Just need to trim the 2 sides and add a few grommets. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190504_190737[1].jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	580.7 KB 
ID:	22988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190504_190753[1].jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	572.2 KB 
ID:	22989
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190504_190721[1].jpg