Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member from Maine with Goldwing & Mini-Mate

Re: New member from Maine with Goldwing & Mini-Mate

Welcome from Newfoundland. May you get many nights out in your Mini Mate. Love mine.

Welcome from SW Mich

Welcome from South Central Wisconsin
    Dewey

Oceanside CA, and Milford NH and lots in between

Hey Andy
    Congrats on the mini mate. Maybe I'll get up your way when I get back to NH in June.
    Stu.
    2008 GL1800 Level 4
    1988 KampARoo pop up tent trailer
    Previously 2007 & 2008 Aspen Sentry

Welcome from Utah's Area 51! Camp west young man, camp west!

Welcome from norteast Texas.
    2005 Silver Goldwing
    2010 BMW 1200GS Adventure
    A Bad Day Riding Is Still Better Than A Good Day Working!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cote View Post
    Glad to hear this forum is sticking around. I had stopped by in troll mode off and on for a while but just signed up. I am active on several Goldwing boards, some for many years. I have owned several Hondas including previously a GL1200 Standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing and GL1500 Valkyrie Standard. Currently own a 2015 GL1800 in black and a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate in blue/silver.

I purchased a Kompact Kamp mini-mate last fall and hope to have in the garage for a rebuild/upgrades in the next couple weeks.
    Welcome from the tip of the mit in Michigan and a minimate owner too. Mine is a 1991 that I restored. Check out the thread minimate brakes. I don't know how to post the link for my thread, maybe some one can help me with the link for you. Pm me if you would like to discuss this deeper. Good luck. You can expect to be asked about it nearly every time you are stopped at gas, restaurant, toll booth, grocery, and even before you foot touches the ground in a campground. Yes each has happened to me. You have bought your way into a friendly cult of minimate followers. We are an active group with curiosity and the desire to share information and stories.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170625_091645.jpg  
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyairhead View Post
    Welcome from the tip of the mit in Michigan and a minimate owner too. Mine is a 1991 that I restored. Check out the thread minimate brakes. I don't know how to post the link for my thread, maybe some one can help me with the link for you. Pm me if you would like to discuss this deeper. Good luck. You can expect to be asked about it nearly every time you are stopped at gas, restaurant, toll booth, grocery, and even before you foot touches the ground in a campground. Yes each has happened to me. You have bought your way into a friendly cult of minimate followers. We are an active group with curiosity and the desire to share information and stories.
    John,

How's this: http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...ni-Mate-brakes

Looked back thru the brakes post. Nice info. Also saw the new canvas work. Did you ever get the body painted?

Andy
    DARKSIDE #1500
    2015 GL1800, Basic black and 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, blue/silver

Andy,
    Still not painted, I'm not much for paint. Besides, someone came up to me and said he could "date" the mini by it's original color. I'd rather have year correct paint. I can't color match to a single bike since I will be pulling with different bikes. If I ever get around to paint, likely be original color.
    Weight distribution on a minimate is important. With 75 lbs tung weight I loaded heavily on the rear and only a partial frame under the body caused cracks in the floor. I will replace the wood braces with full length boards.
    The rig did great on my Alaska almost solo ride. I actually got some "air time " courtesy of the frost heaves.

Andy
    We want / need pictures. Share your journey before during after and in use. I'm serious about the depth of interest minimate followers have. Maybe another minimate restoration thread? Please.
    John