Thread: Found the perfect cooler to fit my luggage

Found the perfect cooler to fit my luggage

I just batted a thousand while trying to come up with a whole new way to pack all of my crap on a new (to me) 2013 V-Strom. It's an ADV model so it already has metal boxes for side luggage and I have wanted to replace my tired old Polar Bear cooler for a long time. The inner liner gave up a long time ago and it leaks bad, plus it doesn't fold down very small, never has. I found this little collapsible number and sent off for it. A little less than $30.

Attachment 22794

Then I found that when it is collapsed, it wedges perfectly into the box lid and stays there.

Attachment 22795

When I've unpacked the camping gear and go on a beer/dinner/beer run, look how nicely it fits in the empty side box!

Attachment 22796

One more thing - I know that this cooler will eventually begin to leak too, and it's liable to be left out in the rain sometimes and I don't like shoving muddy, wet things into my nice, dry side boxes. Not a problem, since it fits perfectly into the Eagle Creek full-size packing cube.

Attachment 22797

I love doing this. I don't even have the bike in my driveway yet but I have the boxes here and I'm filling them up!

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2013 DL650 V-Strom ADV, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

Re: Found the perfect cooler to fit my luggage

Looks like a great addition.
    I'd like to get some different side bags for my vstrom, I've made do with the bags that came on it but not very practical for camping.
    Gotta convince my wife how much safer it would be having new bags. :0
    Meach and Maggie
    05 vtx1300
    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
    09 DL 650 VSTROM

2WheeldPrym8
    (Threadstarter)

Yeah, these ADV boxes are smaller than I would have bought for it but I think I'll get by for now with them. I've always been a big fan of soft luggage but having these big square boxes is so much better than the weird side boxes on that NT700. I think I'm going to like it.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

You have to love it when things work out like that, looks awesome! Did you get your skid plate yet? Like it?
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster