Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **PLEASE READ** Motocampers is here to stay

Administrator

Exclamation **PLEASE READ** Motocampers is here to stay

Hi All, I hope I'm not stepping on Rick's feet but I wanted to get some information out to everyone so expectations are set when the forum becomes unavailable in the next few days.

My name is Derick, and I run beginnerbikers.org. I reached out to Rick a couple of weeks ago when I saw that he was going to close/migrate to facebook. Unfortunately, my site is suffering the same fate right now and I certainly did not want to see another great resource fall to the wayside because of facebook. I wanted to ensure that the folks here still have a place to hang out and chat - because this is indeed a very niche topic. That said, motocampers.com has a great wealth of information on where folks have stayed, and how to find new sites and I wanted to ensure that was still available to the world. Let's face it, facebook will fall like many others before it....so fingers crossed that the forums become relevant again.

What does that mean for most folks? Really nothing, outside of the site being unavailable here and there in the coming week or so while I migrate the files, database, and DNS. I've already taken everything and tested it successfully with no issues, so I don't foresee there will be any issues with the migration. In addition, I want to upgrade the vbulletin install to the latest release of vb4, so the site will be unavailable for that upgrade as well. All in all, it will probably be down for a couple of hours twice over the next week or two. When we shut down the site to do the upgrade and migration, there will be a notice up outlining what is happening, and when we can expect things to return to service.

I am hoping to continue the legacy of the site, and not much will change. I'm always trying to ensure that I run things in an ad-free environment but what that will require me to do is fund drives from time to time. It doesn't take a whole lot to run the site, but there is overhead. I'm hoping folks can donate as they see fit to ensure that the site continues strong into the coming years.

I've been to some motocampers.com events, and you all probably wouldn't remember me, I'm usually a fly on the wall - but I am hoping I can put my mark by keeping this place afloat. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Re: **PLEASE READ** Motocampers is here to stay

This is GREAT news, Derick! Beats the hell out of Wastebook.

Excellent news!!! I will be more than happy to shut down the FB site once you have finished all your upgrades. Please let me know if I can do anything to assist you.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Well this is certainly good news. I want Rick to know that we appreciate all that he has done for us.
    And to Derick, thank you in advance for stepping up and your efforts to come.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Great news, really enjoy all the info and people in here. Will be willing to help as always.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Great to hear and thanks for stepping up!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Good news for sure. I will do anything I can, to see this site, remains open. Thanks.

Buttset from Mo.

great news ! Thank you to Rick for everything you've done for us!
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

Great news. How do we donate to the fund account. The donate button didn't help.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

,thank you. thank you . Thank you