Thread: Mini Mate Renovations

Mini Mate Renovations

Here's what I have done so far with the Mini Mate. These changes were all done before I went down to North Carolina in October and worked well. More renos coming up. There will be a video on my solar panel and battery setup. In case this site goes down, you might want to subscribe to my channel if you haven't already. Already itching to get out on the road.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJn2v10kh2I&t=591s

Re: Mini Mate Renovations

That's pretty cool. The mini-mate was always one of my top choices for mc campers, along with the much more expensive Leisure-lite. I like the changes/improvements you made. I'd be surprised if the manufacturer didn't copy some of your ideas, especially that table.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    That's pretty cool. The mini-mate was always one of my top choices for mc campers, along with the much more expensive Leisure-lite. I like the changes/improvements you made. I'd be surprised if the manufacturer didn't copy some of your ideas, especially that table.
    I can hardly wait to get a full season in with camping with this rig. Planning on around 10 weeks on the road and want to be comfortable.

Like the video a lot, I'm a big guy and changed board to 3/4 more solid.
    Like your set up, I did a cabin solar project in the 90's worked great. So I like
    several things, is foot of table, ever get kicked out? I love my Mini Mate but
    just pulled it with my GW Trike. Did you ever try a panic stop, with your two
    wheel bike, and fully loaded MM? Just to see what happens?

What is your thoughts.

I went 15 days to Canada, and many times never unhooked the MM, from the Trike
    over night. Saved 20 min. next day packing up. With trike it was very stable.
    I also had this mini 3 drawer unit from walmart, that was great for small stuff.
    Glasses, flash light, meds, ear buds, things you need in the dark, it worked great.

I have 3 kindles and had movies downloaded, and if WIFI was at campground, had Hulu,
    Prime, and Netflix. I also had a propane, campfire, ever seen them. Kind of neat,
    I also have a full Skunk, skin covered shorty helmet, skin from Petsmart, glued to the helmet.
    I call it my Tourist attracting helmet, just wear it on occasion. Funny some ask if its real?

If you want to meet me, in Sturgis Kentucky some July, I promise, to show you, a one-of-a-kind
    Motorcycle Rally. $40 for Rally and 4 nights camping.(primitive) that you will not forget. LOL LOL

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

@buttset The table has been quite solid. It can't kick out (towards door) the way it is built and it drags so much against the carpet that there is not a big chance of it collapsing inward.
    I had one good panic stop coming back from my NC trip at about 50 mph. If you saw those videos, you know how much I was worrying about the rear tire. thought I might flat spot iy down to the cords lol. I am happy to say that the ST1300 has really good braking power and as I was in a straight line, it was a solid, controlled stop.
    I've got a couple of those 3 drawer units in the house. I may have to try one out on the road. would fit nicely in the non-padded section.
    I think I am going to get an 11 lb. propane tank as I hate the 1 lb throwaways. I've got a Little Buddy heater and my 2 burner stove, so it would make more sense anyway. I usually have a few movies on my laptop and a book or two, but I spend a fair bit of time just downloading video cards lol. Propane fire... hmmmm
    I will remember your July invite.. this year I will be on my way back across Canada around then, but who knows next year.

here is the little red campfire

I found one on E-bay cheaper lol

https://www.campingworld.com/camco-p...e-red-campfire

E-bay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...pfire&_sacat=0

I got the cooking ring too. lol Don't always take it. Some one said Ranger came by when it said no campfires,
    surprised to see it was propane....lol

buttset

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by buttset View Post
    here is the little red campfire

I found one on E-bay cheaper lol

https://www.campingworld.com/camco-p...e-red-campfire

E-bay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...pfire&_sacat=0

I got the cooking ring too. lol Don't always take it. Some one said Ranger came by when it said no campfires,
    surprised to see it was propane....lol

buttset
    That is really cool... well, hot! I will have to seriously think about adding one of those.