Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motocampers in Face Book

Motocampers in Face Book

Folks,

I don't think it is news but Motocampers has been down for a number of days. Steve (IronheadZiggy) spoke to Rick and the forum will be back up for at least a few days so we can capture data that we may want.

Steve also obtained permission for him and I to start a Face Book Motocampers group so we can stay in contact but mostly so we can post events.

If you want access to join us there please sent me a private request via Face Book. Be sure to tell me it is so you can join Motocampers group. I will friend you, add you to the group, and then remove you as a personal friend (99% of my friends on FB are family).

We are not attempting to replace this forum but only to give us a back up place when/if Rick takes this down or there are other challenges.

You can find me on FB by searching Deb Kurfiss. My profile picture is of Susan and I under and umbrella
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

Re: Motocampers in Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Folks,

I don't think it is news but Motocampers has been down for a number of days.

Any idea as to what happened? I did notice prior to the site going down that the thread about shutting it down, and than one of the members posted about the necessary steps to upgrade the software and even volunteered to take it over was deleted. I thought that was strange. Why would the admin delete that thread when it contained valuable information about the necessary steps to upgrade the software?
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

I am still ready willing and able to take the forum on (retired with a lot of time on my hands) but for some reason my offer to do so was rejected.
    John
    Murfreesboro, TN, USA
    2017 Goldwing CSC Trike Belize Blue Pearl

Me thinks Rick has some explaining to do to the forum members here, concerning the future of Motocampers ...
    What you say Rick? ... Have anything to tell us? ...

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Here is my 2 cents and that is all it is. IMO Rick does not owe us anything. We used his board, he is done supporting it, and it is his decision on what to do with it. At least that is how it appears to me. I have seen this happen on other forums in about the same way.

Steve and I put our heads together to try and help by making a FB group. You are welcome to join us there...or not..choice is yours. If Motocamper forums stays around then we won't need the FB page. If it closes it doors all together, which is what is appears to be doing, then those of us on FB can at least continue to communicate. You can choose to join us or not *shrug* totally up to you. But, IMO, it is better to have it as at least a back up then no place we want to communicate at.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Any idea as to what happened? I did notice prior to the site going down that the thread about shutting it down, and than one of the members posted about the necessary steps to upgrade the software and even volunteered to take it over was deleted. I thought that was strange. Why would the admin delete that thread when it contained valuable information about the necessary steps to upgrade the software?[/FONT]
    I told you all I know and anything more would be conjecture on my part.

I searched 4 u on fb and u r not coming up.I am Linda Baron on FB and have 2 lil dog face pics on my avatar..they r wearing pfds near the yellow kayak. I am kayakinbiker on motocampers.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

I also did a Facebook search by copy & paste of "dkurfiss@gmail.com" in the FB search bar and came up with:

"We couldn't find anything for dkurfiss@gmail.com
    Looking for people or posts? Try entering a name, location, or different words."

Did I not do something correct??
    Thanks!
    Roger

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    I searched 4 u on fb and u r not coming up.I am Linda Baron on FB and have 2 lil dog face pics on my avatar..they r wearing pfds near the yellow kayak. I am kayakinbiker on motocampers.
    I sent you a friend request

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mcrider1959 View Post
    I also did a Facebook search by copy & paste of "dkurfiss@gmail.com" in the FB search bar and came up with:

"We couldn't find anything for dkurfiss@gmail.com
    Looking for people or posts? Try entering a name, location, or different words."

Did I not do something correct??
    Thanks!
    Roger
    Give me your FB account name and I will try to find you