Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short update on my CABIN PROJECT.

Short update on my CABIN PROJECT.

OK the cabin project is going good. Slow but good.
    In March, if you had asked me, when I would have it completed, I would have
    said, June. Now its almost Thanksgiving and its still ongoing. Christmas, might be done, the wife says. lol

So wife finished painting 16X28 main room, today, seems she did not like, my Grinch Green, I picked out. lol

I worked on the Shower System, (see Amazon) shower, waterfall, LED lights, temp digital display, hand wand,
    spray nozzles, tub filler spigot. I will stand in a Tractor Supply galvanized, tank. lol

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste...=shower+system

At Menards they have some tiny sinks and vanities, for our tiny bathroom, 8ft X 6ft. But the wife picked a bigger one,
    more $$ too. lol

Its coming together. Honest some of my recent pictures, taken, show a messy place, but soon I will post some more finished
    better looking pictures. OK might post the messy pictures too....

This is my second cabin build, at 40 I was thinner, more hair, better shape. 1st one took 18 months.
    This one has been going for a year. I love tiny houses, and cabins, so this is my second chance.
    If I can do it, you can too. 71 next month, hope my grandsons, use this when I am gone. Its my dream, cabin all in my head.
    I know just how it will look, in my mind. 10 things, to do every trip down, 2 hrs. each way, But GAS is $2.19 gallon here in Mid.
    Mo. so that helps. Left at 8am, got home at 9pm. tired puppy. Headed back Sat. the 17th. Thanks for reading my post....

Buttset from Mo.

Re: Short update on my CABIN PROJECT.

From the sounds of it, i’d guess there’ll be less motorcycle camping, and more cabin vacations in your future ...
    Will you be adding a porch or deck to your little house in the woods, Mike?

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

It is going to be a primary living space? looks good

2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

(Threadstarter)

Still plan on doing some motocamping. Did sell the GW Trike to help pay for this cabin.

I have another GW Trike in the works. From a member here on the board. But just have
    to complete this project first. So my hopes are to continue, to ride and camp. Fish all week,
    ride on the weekends. lol

May try living here, next summer, to see how this downsized space, works. It will be paid for and cost maybe,
    $2500 a year, for taxes, insurance, road maintenance, electric.

When winter comes, next year, might give Branson Mo. a look, lots of cheap condos, for rent there.

Wizz yes screened in porch on the side 16 X 20 is the plann

Both me and my wife, retired, have SS, 401K'S, Retirement Pensions, so together we are great. If
    one of us pass on, this is kind, of the fall back plan, live cheap, and still have a good life. I was the one
    who thought, I would never retire, and never have enough money. It all worked out, the glass, was half full. lol
    I feel very lucky, have good health, and a great life, with a great Wife, who has been my partner, for 50 years.
    She even goes along, with all my crazy plans.... A dream that cost money. I worked for 45 years, never missed a pay check.

I tell people she worked for AT&T, for 32 years, and always made, more money than me. I did not let (that) get me down...lol
    I helped her spend it. lol

Buttset from Mo.

(Threadstarter)

worked on that shower system, Sat. that came from Amazon. Came in box, styrofoam, with a
    cloth sleeve, 5ft long, very cool. Reading some reviews made me think of changing hand
    held wand, to a better one, the one supplied is pretty cheap and plastic.

Took all afternoon to mount it myself. Instructions were crap...lol
    Maybe I could find work in China.
    Just writing instructions for the stuff they make. lol
    I once bought a camping stove. No paper work inside, looked at several in store none had instructions.
    Called and they sent them. Wording on the instructions, every where should have said FUEL. It had the
    word GASOLINE..... SO I think the store removed the paper work at the store.
    Had a Brass Tank and instructions said Cup your hands around the tank, and watch Gasoline flow to the burner.
    Kind of cool how the heat from your hands made the fuel flow....

Buttset from Mo.

Mike, that will truly be a little piece of Paradise and the family will think of you for many years to come...maybe an engraved stepping stone with the two of you etched into the stone....or maybe a photo in the stone?

(Threadstarter)

OK set the kitchen

that is the island in left corner Top not on yet I will put tin like on the wall around the Island

We made it 50 years on Sept. 14th

Buttset from Mo.

Looks great and congrats on 50!

Good job Mike. Does it get a bit noisy with all the tin?

(Threadstarter)

You can hear it some, but there is foam insulation in the roof, sides, and under the floor. Two inches, and it
    helps a great deal. Best money I could have spent.
    This was built off site, all windows, doors, loft, with french door, to the bedroom installed. Delivered last Nov.
    I had the septic pumped Thursday, then the backhoe guy, came and I had a dump truck of gravel,
    delivered and he put it all around the cabin bottom. I did not want any skunks, making a home under the cabin. So
    cost me $400 Thursday. Wife says stop spending money!!!! She is going to Gulf Shores, Al. with her sisters, for the
    month of January. They rented a Condo, on the Gulf. She needs money, for the Slots, I think....lol